Avalanche of Feelings (8)

I was speechless. I simply sat there staring at him intently, hoping that he'd say he was just joking. However, he never said it.

"I already planned for it before entering college and my adoptive mother agreed with my decision."

Those were his words. He couldn't look at me in the eye while he spoke of that, he was just looking down on his food.

After a moment of silence, he lifted his gaze at gazed at me with a small smile curved on the edges of his lips. It was the only smile I came to hate after all the years we had been together.

"It was great to meet someone like you," he said.

This time, I was not shocked... I was filled with anger with the careless words he just dropped. M

"Why are you saying that as if we won't see each other again?" I asked while trying my hardest not to yell at him. He was just too much! It was as if he was throwing our past like some piece of trash he no longer had no use of.

"It's not like we won't see each other again but more like it would be rare."

"What do you mean by that?"

"My professor who has connections in Finland recommended me to a good company and with my performance, they decided to hire me as an assistant engineer. And if perform well, I'd stay in their company for good."

Finland? Wait, what?! That was like on the other side of the earth! And this freaking guy in front of me, who made my heart thump like crazy, would leave Japan and go to Finland! This was crazier than I thought?!

"What the heck?! I thought you're going to explain to me about you suddenly kissing Kagura and then what?! You suddenly come up and tell me that you're going overseas?!"

"What the hell is that about? Can't I just say that I was caught up in the moment that's why I kissed her? And yes, you don't have to tell me that I was an asshole for doing that."

"Fine! Do whatever you like!"

I just burst out. I even caught the attention of the other customers so after glaring at the most tactless and the most stupid guy ever, I walked out... no, I ran out.

And here's another thing, it seemed that nature was grieving with me that the rain was pouring hard. But that didn't matter, it didn't stop me from leaving the mall and ran away from that jerk!

I know I was being selfish but why didn't he tell me sooner? We're only a few months away before finishing college and this was the only time he mentioned this! He was the one being selfish!

I know that his decision was for his future and getting to work overseas was a great opportunity but why did it have to be like this? It was too sudden that it was hard to keep up.

Reaching a corner, I just sat and hugged my knees, burying my face in my arms. I was soaking wet with the cold rain but the warm tears that flowed down my cheeks seemed heavier.

Was I insignificant of a person to him that he didn't bother telling me this matter earlier? How unfair!

However, after a while, I suddenly came to a realization—I was not being rained on even though the rain hadn't stopped yet. Wait, was this the scene where the guy was covering the girl with an umbrella and afterward, they'd confess their true feelings for each other?

Wait, could this be really it? Should I say that this day wasn't a bad day after all? Oh my gosh! I can't believe such a cliche scene would actually happen in real life! Kami-sama, thank you for this! Thank you! Now, I had to act like how every heroine would do.

To make it more dramatic, I slowly lifted my head when I knew that my eyes were once again filled with tears. That would make Hanzo sympathize with me more.

However, that cliche scene that I thought was finally going to happen between me and my supposed-to-be leading man shattered into a million pieces. I could even hear it breaking and cracking.

"You're soaking, why don't we stop by at my apartment? It's just nearby."

Kagura was holding an umbrella and was flashing this kind and sweet smile, kind and sweet enough to melt my heart. Damn it! Why was she being so nice at a time like this?

And since I didn't feel like going home today, I accepted her offer.