Halfway (Kimmy | Claude)

Kimmy went to school like everything is okay. She wore her conservative clothes and chose to ignore the people looking at her.

Upon entering her first class, everyone is busy looking at the monthly magazine of Moonton, a popular modeling agency.

"Look! Claude and Fanny are featured again!"

Hearing his name made her heart ache so much. Kimmy looked down and clenched her fists to suppress the jealousy and pain.

The doors opened and everyone joyously greeted Claude and Fanny as they enter the room. Kimmy just sat still on the corner, not wanting to look at how happy Claude was.

He was the love of her life for 3 long years. He was the man who made her life worth living. But he was also the one who broke her into a million pieces.

"You two should date! You look perfect together!"

"We're already dating!" Fanny announced which caused more ruckus inside the room.

Kimmy tightened her grip on her clothes, forcing herself not to breakdown. Claude noticed her silence. He wanted to walk towards her and comfort her. But he does not want to ruin his own reputation by engaging himself to the school's so-called weirdo.

Yes, they'd been in a relationship and Kimmy was the one who stayed beside him when he was at his worst but he demanded from her to keep their relationship a secret. Kimmy had always been at his side when he was not yet a known model. He does not want to be stripped off from the success he had always wanted so he chose to break up with her even though Kimmy begged him not to leave.

Kimmy has no sense of fashion at all, she does not even plan on changing her fashion style which was a turn off for Claude.

Kimmy felt her body turning cold, her fingers and toenails start to feel numb. Her breathing became ragged so she immediately heads to the comfort room.

Claude saw her, he saw that her ex-lover is starting to have another panic attack. He was about to leave but Fanny stopped him so he chose to stay and only wished that Kimmy would be fine.

The next following days, Kimmy was not able to attend her classes. Claude noticed her absence and tried calling her but her phone was out of reach.

After his photoshoot, Claude headed to Kimmy's apartment but the landlady told him that she has never returned for 5 days.

After months, Claude found out that Kimmy had dropped out of their school. He tried to pry to know her reason but he was not able to know it. All his connection with her has been cut, he tried to search for her but he had never found a single clue.

Claude received an invitation one day. It was scented with lavender, its color was the same as the hair color of Kimmy. He opened it and karma had hit him a thousand folds more painful when he left Kimmy.

Right on that wedding invitation, Kimmy is genuinely smiling as she sat on Ling's lap. She is wearing a luxurious wedding gown which compliments the white tuxedo of her husband.

"What great karma," he told himself. His chest starts to ache, his tears start to well up in his eyes. "Kimmy, you look so dazzling."

Claude was broken as he watches Kimmy, now her blonde hair has grown in length. How much he wished to be that man on the end of the isle. How much had he wished to be the one to put that ring on her finger.

Well, it's too late now. Regrets won't bring Kimmy back.