Avalanche of Feelings (7)

In the middle of the movie, I could no longer tolerate the cold so I poked at Hanzo who had this dopey look on his face.

"Hey, give me your jacket. I'm freezing to death," I whispered.

Instead of being a gentleman, he did not give me any response. Instead, he pulled his jacket closer to himself and crossed his arms without looking in my direction.

The audacity of this guy to ignore his date... I mean, his cousin! Since it seemed that he had no plans on giving his jacket, I pinched him on the side, making him yelp in pain.

"Shhhhhh!"

"Quiet!"

"Keep it down!"

The other audiences were looking at him with death glares and in return, he stared daggers at me. I simply stuck out my tongue at him for being a jerk!

I rubbed my arms before crossing them closer together so I could at least feel some warmth. Errr... I wish I did go change when I was told to. So much to tolerate just to look good, damn it!

Just when I managed to focus my attention on the movie, I felt some satisfying warmth around me. It was a bit of a surprise because Hanzo put his jacket around me.

"That is why I told you to change, stupid," he hissed. Though he called me stupid, I let it slide for now since he gave this young, lucky lady his jacket.

Since I was a little bit of a dork, I sniffed at it and dang, call me crazy or a seaweed brain but it smelled real good and manly.

"Ouch," I whimpered when Hanzo whacked me right on the forehead.

With his eyebrows almost meeting at the center of his forehead, he half-whispered, "Don't smell it, pervert."

I simply grinned at him and put it around me. Ah! Warm, at last! Though I kinda feel guilty because it looked like it was him now who felt cold. I offered him my hand which he only responded with a confused look.

"Hold my hand so you would feel warm."

"Shut it, Hanabi, or I'll kill you for sure."

"You two look more like a couple compared to us. Mind you, you are cousins so stop being lovey-dovey."

Kagura?! Why do you have to rub it right on my face that we're cousins?!

"I'm sorry. We'll keep quiet." That was all my response and I did keep quiet after that. Such a bummer! This would really be a date only if Hanzo and I weren't cousins.

And by the way, who even invented the word cousin?! I should look that up on the internet after this and curse that person! Why do cousins even exist?! Curse the word cousin! Curse it! Curse it!

But what can I do? Being cousins was the reason why I got to know and be able to hang out with Hanzo up until now. While he was looking up at the screen, I couldn't help but steal glances at him.

Cuz, hey! Hanzo's look in watching a romantic movie was not something I could see every day so maybe I should take a look at him as long as I can.

"Hey, stupid, does my face look like a movie to you?" he suddenly asked which made me get back to my senses.

Shoot, he caught me gawking at him.

"The movie's done, let's go."

Wait, what?! How did it end? Did the girl and guy meet each other?! The hell, Hanabi! I was too caught up in looking at that stupid Hanzo that I forgot I was watching that movie!

"You weren't watching, were you?"

I didn't know how we came to this but I felt like I was under interrogation. We were inside a restaurant having lunch yet Hanzo was giving me this suspicious look.

"I was watching, of course! And how did you even come up with that kind of ridiculous idea?!"

It's not like that was a big lie, right? It won't result in something big so I think that was a fine lie. Okay, I know, it was still a lie.

"Usually, you'd end up crying or annoyed with that kind of ending," he said.

"What kind of ending?"

"I knew it, you were not watching. What a waste of money."

"But you watched it so it's still worth it!"

"I brought you there so you could watch it but you were too busy at some other things."

Hanzo even emphasized the 'you' part which shocked me.

I raised both of my hands as if trying to defend myself with whatever surprise attack he was to throw at me.

"There is always a next time but it'll be my treat," I stated.

However, Hanzo looked at me in the eyes with all seriousness.

"There won't be a next time because I'm leaving," he responded.

"Wait, what?"