A Troubled Wife(Granger|Silvanna)

(Picture isn't mine. Credits to the rightful owner.)

(Dedicated to yukiyeon)

Normally, newlyweds would be lovey-dovey after the wedding. During the honeymoon, the husband and wife should be spending time together showering each other with sweetness.

However, that was not the case for Silvanna at all. Despite getting married to the love of her life, she felt like nothing has changed when she was still pursuing him. In the large mansion where they both live, they should be sharing one room and one bed. But much to her disappointment, they were using separate rooms. Other than that, her room was located on the left-wing of the mansion while her husband's room was on the far right wing.

"This is not the married life I dreamed about! Why is it always like this?! Granger had not changed a bit! He wouldn't even eat breakfast with me! And before I knew it, he already left the house for work even without greeting me a simple good morning! I also want a good morning kiss from him!" she complained.

That day, she met up with her close friends, Guinevere and Odette. She had no one to vent out her anger to except them.

"He has another woman," Odette stated which froze Silvanna with her eyes wide open.

Guinevere slapped the table with both hands and claimed, "There is no doubt! The sweet gestures you want from him are actually being given to another woman! We must take action about his affair!"

Despite the cold shoulders that Silvanna received from Granger, there was no time that an affair crossed her mind since she trusted him. But the way Guinevere and Odette claim it, she started to doubt as well.

"B-But you see, he wouldn't have married me if he already is in love with another woman," she stated, not to only convince her friends but to also convince herself that Granger was faithful to her.

"He could have married you because both of your fathers wished that you two should end up together. He might be blackmailed by his own father, thus, he had no choice," Guinevere said. Despite being unmarried, she seemed to be a lot more knowledgeable about matters involving marriage and romance which made Silvanna slightly believe her words.

Their fathers had been friends since they were young so it was possible that Granger did marry her out of the wilful wish of his father.

After their meet-up, Silvanna was somehow exhausted after venting out her frustrations. Upon reaching home, she found Granger cooking by the kitchen. She immediately beamed with excitement and her strength came rushing back to her.

"What's our dinner for tonight?!" she squealed as she approached him by the counter.

However, his reply shattered her dreams of being lovey-dovey with her husband.

"Cook dinner for yourself since you have a lot of free time," he answered before turning his back on her.

"H-Huh? Aren't we supposed to cook for each other?" Silvanna stated with her voice going down in every word she spoke, "Since we're a couple now, that's how it's done, right?"

"That's nonsense."

Silvanna chose to just go in her room rather than hear her husband speak another harsh word. With the lack of progress in their relationship, she started to think that it would be much better for her to simply give up her ideal image of a couple. She was just hurting herself by expecting Granger to magically change his behavior.

The next morning, Silvanna woke up early and waited for her husband to leave their mansion. Her mission for that day was to see for herself if he was indeed having an affair. Her doubts started to get into her that she couldn't sleep well the other night and the only thing she thought that would make her feel better was to follow Granger for the entire day.

"He is alone driving to the company... and I have to follow him and check if any woman enters in his office."

Mumbling to herself as if making a detailed report, Silvanna continued to tail her husband.

"9:30 am, Granger entered his office alone. Wait, wait, wait, some beautiful woman just entered. Is this the so-called scene of the affair? Right in his office? Such a straightforward attack from a mistress."

"Miss Silvanna, is something the matter?" one of the employees asked when she spotted the wife of their boss wearing an obvious yet eye-catching disguise. Silvanna flinched upon hearing her name so she grabbed the employee and had her crouch beside her.

"Who is that sexy, redheaded woman that entered in Granger's office? Tell me," she asked without looking away from the door of the CEO's office.

"Ah, she's the secretary, Miss Irithel. Don't worry Miss Silvanna, your husband is not having an affair," the employee replied with a sweet smile.

Silvanna wasn't convinced at all so she shooed her away. This time, to eradicate her doubts, she had to see for herself. She removed her sunglasses and cap and even the mask that covered half of her face. She, then, slammed the door open.

What she saw inside froze her. Right in front of her, Granger and Irithel were very close to each other. Other than that, the so-called secretary was pulling his necktie and it seemed like she was about to bite him on the neck.

With a dry laugh, Silvanna muttered, "I knew it."

Without another word spoken, she ran out from the building without thinking where to go. All she knew was that her heart ached so much. She was hurt before since Granger never looked at her direction but now that they're married, she didn't only feel betrayed but she also felt inferior. If she dressed up more prettily and used make-up more often, would Granger look at her then?

She was about to make a sharp turn in a corner but someone held her and stopped her from running. When she saw who it was, she clenched her fist and landed punches right on his chest.

"Let me go, you cheater!" she yelled at Granger who was also out of breath. "You should have told me that you had another girl instead of making me look like a fool!"

He pulled her close and cupped her cheeks, leaning his forehead on hers. With his gaze meeting the teary eyes of Silvanna, he said, "You're the only one, I promise."

Silvanna didn't know if she'd believe him or not. She, then, burst into tears and asked, "Then, why are you ignoring me?! You even won't let me near you but you let that secretary of yours hold you close?! Do I really look like a fool to you?!"

"I was afraid that if I hold you close like this, I might not be able to hold back," he confessed but it only caused Silvanna further confusion.

She wore a poker face and asked, "What's that supposed to mean?"

After wiping off the tears that damped her cheeks, Granger closed the distance between them—giving her a long, passionate kiss.

When Silvanna managed to push him a bit, she covered her beet-red face and said, "P-Please, hold back a little. I might die of suffocation."

"Ain't this what you want? Since you're the one who asked for it, I don't want to hear any complaints from you," he whispered right on her ear.

"If so, why did you seem to be enjoying that woman's company?" Silvanna asked, looking at him with suspicious eyes.

"She suddenly pounced on me and it caught me by surprise. I was about to push her away but you suddenly came and got the wrong idea," Granger explained. His wife seemed to doubt him since his explanation was a cliche but she trusted him—she always did and always be.

That's how the couple made up. Yet Silvanna was still troubled but this time, it was because Granger kept on showering her with nothing but sweetness that she felt like her heart would explode at any time.