Sadistic Mentor (Ending)

"I promise, just please take me there," Hanabi begs. Hayabusa pities her so he decides to do what she wants and as they drive to Hanzo's whereabout, he hands her a hanky.

"Wipe your tears and face him head on," he states and Hanabi takes it without saying a thing.

"How did you convince Hanabi to go overseas?" Hayabusa asked after hearing the departure of the CEO's daughter. He was with Hanzo that moment inside a pub where he first met Hanabi.

"I simply asked her if she is against the idea of marrying me," Hanzo replied which made him to almost spit the alcohol from his mouth.

"You did what?" he asked with his forehead creased, "Did you just propose to her?"

Hanzo shook his head, "No, I would never do that."

"But what you did, no matter who listened to that, is nothing but a proposal!" he exclaimed, banging his glass on the table. Not just Hanzo was careless, he knew that Hanabi was given false hope especially that she sees Hanzo in a romantic way. He had seen that in her eyes even though they had not spoken to each other.

"She'll forget about it."

Hanzo brushed him off.

As that memory flashes back, Hayabusa feels heart broken for Hanabi. She has not forgotten about it, she still remembers it. When he first saw her back at the airport, her smile was genuine and somehow, he thinks that she is hoping to see Hanzo yet the situation is not to her favor.

Upon arriving at Hanzo's place, Hanabi immediately gets out of the car and enters the house filled with men wearing their white tuxedos. Her all black outfit contradict the vibe in that house, same goes with her feelings.

"Where is Hanzo?" she asks Lancelot upon seeing him talking with other men.

"He is in his room. Long time no see, Hanabi!" he responds as he lifts his hand in midair, expecting a high five yet Hanabi leaves him hanging. Well, that is nothing new.

Unfamiliar with the place, Hanabi immediately goes upstairs to start finding Hanzo and upon opening the first wooden door, she sees him. He is wearing that white tuxedo, his hair is slicked to the sides making him more good-looking than his casual look.

Her sudden appearance in his house shocks Hanzo and when he shifts to face her, a painful slap lands on his cheek. He is about to speak yet another slap lands on the other side.

"You lied to me!" she yells, her tears once again tainting her reddish cheeks despite trying to not shed tears anymore.

"At least, you changed into a better woman," Hanzo replies. It may be the truth yet it is not enough to reason out with Hanabi.

"Are you contented? Was it fun? Was it fun making a fool out of me?!" she exclaims and is about to slap him for the third time but Hanzo holds her wrist in place.

"No, you should have just forgotten that past. You have a brighter future ahead of you, Hanabi, don't waste it. And please, don't make a scene," he states, his eyes piercing through Hanabi whose sobs are overwhelming her.

"Liar! You should not have given me false hope back then!" she claims, her knees giving up and falling down on the floor. Hanzo admits that he did make a mistake but he does not regret it for if he had not said those words, Hanabi could not have gone overseas. But no matter what, such words are now leaving a scar on her.

Though he wants to comfort her, he didn't do it. Because if he does, he would just give her yet another false hope which is something that must not be done anymore. He already planned to marry Kagura despite his first rejection. His second proposal is a success, furthermore, he has never felt any romantic feeling towards Hanabi, not even a little bit.

That day, she could not help but weep at her poor, pathetic self. Though it pains her to see Hanzo be wed to another woman, she still gathered her courage and witnessed their wedding.

Yet when Hanabi has taken over her father's company, she has cut out the company of Kagura that is being held by Hanzo now that the two are wed.

"Did you do this out of anger? For vengeance of what had happened?" Hanzo scoffs in disbelief. He is now currently face to face with Hanabi in her office. Upon receiving the news what she has done, he immediately goes to her to ask her reason as to why she had cut them off from the investment.

Hanabi's company is one of the valuable investors of Kagura's company and not renewing the contract between the two would be a great loss.

"Hanabi, don't be immature! Don't let personal matters affect your work for they are two different things!" Hanzo lectures her just like what he did four years ago. If this is happening in the past, Hanabi might have listened to him yet the situation changed. He is no longer her mentor, he is no longer the man she looks up to.

Hanabi lifts her gaze at him, her once dazzling eyes that used to look at him is gone. Now, it shows nothing but a pair of unreadable eyes. She sees his beet red face, probably because of anger yet she did not care about that, it actually amuses her to see him devastated. After what happened to her, after being fooled, she has sworn to herself that such thing shall never happen again.

"You even cancelled your engagement with Hayabusa. If you continue being impulsive, your company will surely fall to bankruptcy. Have you really gone crazy?" he stills adds, yet he only gets to be laughed at by the new CEO.

"Come on, Hanzo, do you really think I did such things out of impulse?" she asks as she stands up from her seat. She shakes her head while clicking her tongue.

"I'm afraid that your accusations did not hit any mark," she adds as she pulls the folder out from the drawer of her desk. It is the same folder that Clint had given her before she left. She walks up to Hanzo and hands it to him so he could take a look at it.

"I have a better offer from overseas, Hanzo. I do not require a husband to become a successful businesswoman, besides I can handle this company on my own. I know you are smart and upon looking at that proposal, you know that it is much better than investing on Kagura's company," she states as she crosses her arms and put her leg over the other as she sits back on her chair, "Ah, my bad, I mean... your company."

Though what she said makes sense, Hanabi did such action to get back at Hanzo. She is just using the proposal as a valid excuse to cover up her vulnerable self. It may be childish for her to do so, but it is the first step for her to severe the ties that she once hold onto. The ties that had caused her pain and yes, she is still childish.

It may be wrong of her to let her feelings affect her work, yet she is just a human whose heart is broken. And she is doing everything in her power to mend her heart and be at peace.

"Don't worry, if circumstances call for it, I shall invest again. You did a great job when you were still working here yet I am afraid that this is not the perfect time to show my gratitude," she adds with a smile plastered on her face.

Hanzo walks towards her desk and returns the folder. He does admit it, the proposal of Clint is much better.

"I apologize," he states in almost of a whisper. Hanabi is a bit taken aback for she has not expected that response from him. Yet she does not know if that apology is for his action of barging in her office or for the false hope he had given her.

"I shall set everything back to the way it used to be after I fix my broken self." That is the promise that Hanabi made to herself as she watches Hanzo walks away from her, away from her life.