The Last Scarlet 10

The Last Scarlet 10

"As the wielder of the Higanbana, you should use it responsibly and of course, skilfully," the head of the Scarlet faction stated while walking around his daughter, Hanabi.

With a stick clutched in his hand, he whacked Hanabi's back when he noticed that she started to slouch.

"I already can use it very well, you know that better than anyone," Hanabi pouted. She was training to control the demonic energy that was contained inside the Higanbana. Though she had done it countless times, her father still insisted that she must continue to control the demonic energy at will.

Her arrogance made the head of the clan to flick her forehead, making her yelp in pain and glared at her father.

"To fully use the Higanbana, it is best to become one with the demonic energy. If it is stronger than you, then you will be under its control," her father stated. He stopped right in front of her and landed another flick on her forehead when he saw her rolling her eyes to the side.

Hanabi gave up on vengeance when her mother begged her to live far away from Iga and be happy. Such a request was the last words of her mother and it took her great courage and effort to set aside her anger.

However, with the current situation she was in, she was on the verge of snapping from her sanity. Not only Hayabusa and Kagura were after her but also Haruko. No matter who they were, they were all one and the same—underlings of the Shadow faction.

Clutching her Higanbana, Hanabi got up from the dirt with gritted teeth. She stood on both feet and turned on her heels to face the brothers who were still against each other. Her ocean-blue eyes were slowly being tainted with red as the demonic energy from her weapon started to grow stronger at a fast rate.

Her eyes were fixed on Haruko. The image of the blazing fire that was as high as the tallest trees and hotter than the scorching sun came rushing back in her mind. The screams of her people echoed inside her as if she was brought back to the day she lost everyone. As drop after drop of tears damped her cheeks, Hanabi's anguish and anger grew and from that, the demonic energy from her weapon became one with her raging emotions—feeding off from her negativity.

Haruko and Hanzo came to a sudden halt when they felt a billow of power that even the once clear blue sky was now covered with dark clouds. They turned their gaze to their right where they could feel the power was coming from. Much to their surprise, Hanabi was walking towards them covered in dark power.

Before they could even speak a word, their eyes widened in shock when Hanabi suddenly appeared just before them at lightning speed. With her Higanbana, she swung her hand across and they barely managed to dodge her attack.

"I... I am hungry," Hanabi stated. Though her voice became shrill and hollow as if she was being controlled by an unknown entity. "Your... your souls would be enough."

Her glowing scarlet eyes and devilish smile sent shivers to both of the brothers. Confusion of what happened to her was enough to keep them preoccupied and the sudden surge of power from her was problematic itself.

"How did she become this strong?!" Haruko asked with gritted teeth as he continued to defend himself from Hanabi's attack.

Hanzo did not know of the answer as well. He never expected that she could turn into something like this because she always looked and acted like a frail woman.

Hanabi, on the other hand, was no longer in control of her own body and power. All she could think of was to satisfy her hunger and quench her thirst for great power and vengeance.