Sadistic Mentor 7

Calculating the money she received from Hanzo, Hanabi pulled her hair in annoyance as she rolled on her bed and is yelling on top of her lungs.

The money was just enough for her to survive with the said two months but it will only be possible if she refrain from shopping clothes and shoes, spending money in pubs and even stop going to parties which seems to be impossible.

"Damn you, Hanzo!" she yelled while her poor pillows are already in midair and hitting the innocent walls.

But she does not want to limit herself in what she wanted. And having only an hour to prepare, she still got up and grabbed her formal suit from her closet. She has to work to earn her money even if she has to face the two annoying creatures in her father's company.

When she is prepared, she chooses to walk towards the company even if it takes her 20 minutes rather than spend a single cent that would only cause her to look like a poor little girl.

Upon arriving at Hanzo's office, she is more than happy that she is on time but her feet are facing the pain of blisters. Hanabi may have gotten used to wearing high heels but she ain't the walk-to-the-company type.

"What should I do today?" she asks after seating on the chair across Hanzo's desk. Her sweat is trickling down from her forehead but she didn't mind it at all. She just wants to know what her tasks are and do them quick.

"You will be coming with me to meet up with the client," Hanzo simply replied without even sparing her a glance. Hanabi leans her head on the chair and breathes in deeply.

"When will we go?" she asks, making herself more comfortable under the mercy of the air conditioning.

"This afternoon so for now, read the proposal we will be introducing to the client," her mentor replied before dropping a folder on his table. Hanabi is too tired to even complain that she simply grabs the folder and limply walks to her desk. Upon seating, she removed her heels that had caused blisters on her feet, kicking them off away from her desk.

She opens the folder but her eyes did not only like what they have seen but is also betraying her. They start to feel heavy as lead that Hanabi finds it hard to focus or even flip to the next page.

"Let's sleep for a while," she thinks to herself before folding her arms on her desk and uses them as her pillows. Without having a hard time, she immediately drifts to sleep.

"Hanabi, are you done with that?" Hanzo asked after 30 minutes of silence but received no reply from her. He shifts his position and faces Hanabi, only to find her asleep which immediately pushes him to the edge. He stands up and is about wake her up but his forehead creased upon seeing the scattered heels on the floor.

He picks them up and fixed them beside the table stand and when his eyes set on Hanabi's foot, he notices the dried blood at her ankles.

"How could someone, who is used to wearing such heels, has some blisters?" he mumbles to himself before pulling the lowest drawer of his desk and brings out a small first aid kit.

Just with the faint sound of the drawer closing, Hanabi's sleep is interrupted. She flings her eyes open and immediately sits down properly and fixes her hair, only to find Hanzo kneeling in front of her.

"What are you doing down there?" she asks and her eyes dart on the first aid kit he just opened.

Hanzo draws nearer before lifting her foot and letting it rest on his knee. Such gesture is a shock for Hanabi.

"Why is he being nice today? Did he eat something? Did he hit his head?"

Those questions are whirling inside her mind as she watches him apply some disinfectant on the blisters and covers them with band aids.

"Th- Thank you, I guess?" she mumbles after Hanzo finishes. He returns the kit where he got them before looking up to meet her gaze.

"Did you walk from your apartment to here?" he asks which Hanabi replies with a simple nod. She is just speechless with the sudden turn of events for she has expected that he would lecture her again but he didn't.

"Why?" he further asks.

"To save money," she simply replied, looking away and her face turning red in embarrassment.

Hanzo stands up and goes back to his seat, "Good. You should wear flat shoes instead."

Hanabi rolled her eyes for she thought that he might change his mind and give her more allowance but it seems she hoped too much.

And with her energy fully recharged, she returns to the document she ignored before just to sleep. While going through the proposal, Kagura comes in with some documents on her hands.

"You have to sign these papers until tomorrow and after meeting with the clients this afternoon, the CEO asks you to attend a dinner with the secretary of B company," Kagura states, flashing a smile to Hanzo who got the papers from her and started signing them.

"When you are done with your work, you could go home without waiting for me. I'll head straight home after the dinner," he responds which made Hanabi makes funny faces behind him while imitating what he just said.

"Hanabi, your father wants to see you today. He said that you should go in his office," she adds and without getting any response from her, Hanabi stands immediately and left the office barefoot.

She enters in her father's office and upon seating down on the couch, she shifts her gaze at the CEO.

"What is it?" she asks, "Don't lecture me about pulling Kagura's hair, though."

Her father sighs for he doesn't want to argue with his daughter but he has no choice but to do this, not just for her sake but also for the sake of their company.

"I am sending you abroad, study business and when you come home, you shall be wed to a capable man who shall become the next CEO," he states which caused Hanabi to stand and bursts just like he expected.

"No!" she firmly disagrees.