Drifted Apart (Hayabusa | Hanabi)

"Never part ways."

A vow that was made and was sealed by a kiss. Hayabusa and Hanabi grew up together as sparring partners. But their feelings towards each other grew more than that of a friendship.

After a mission, Hanabi was summoned by the head of their clan and was told she was chosen to be the spearhead of the VENOM Squad.

Hayabusa was against it for they will be far from each other and there is no guarantee for them to meet again.

"Hanabi, we vowed to never leave each other," Hayabusa said with a weak voice.

Hanabi reached out and held his hands. She moved closer to him until their foreheads were against each other.

"This will only be temporary, Haya. I will come back," she assured him but Hayabusa did not believe her.

"Please, turn them down. Don't join the squad and be with me instead."

Hanabi cupped his cheek and smiled at him, "I can't. This is an order from the head of our clan. Haya, I will keep my promise."

Hanabi left and travelled to the Land of Dawn. She fought alongside Gusion, Harley, Angela and Grock, defending the land from the dark forces. They've been on the battlefield for long together with the SABER Squad. No one knew when will the war end for the forces of the dark were strong enough to withstand the two strongest squads that the Land of Dawn had. 

Five years passed by and Hayabusa had never lost hope for his lover's return. He was still waiting for her at the gates of their village.

"Haya!" he heard a familiar voice and saw her. He stood and rushed to hug  her tight. He cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

"You came back for real," he said. Hanabi leaned closer and just like before she left, she leaned her forehead onto his. Finally, her mission was complete and they'll be able to be together.

Hayabusa, feeling ecstatic, turned to the entrance to their village and said, "They'll be happy to see you."

"Haya," Hanabi called out. "I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise."