83. Melancholy [Allen]

Theme: Melancholy

Person: Allen Walker

Allen Walker placed his hand on the black shaded box, feeling the grooves and fine cuts that the carver had made. It was amazingly done. Rimmed with silver and decorated beautifully, it reminded the white haired exorcist about the woman that lay in that coffin.

She and him were good friends, maybe even past that point. But, Allen had somewhat rejected her, even though he didn't mean it. Right after that mission, however, she fell into the clutches of evil and was ripped apart because of it.

Allen couldn't forget about that day, when he saw that level 3 akuma kill her after showing her something; it's special ability. It was all in slow motion, and he remembered how clearly her expressions were at that time; the look of betrayal on her face as she stared at him as she fell and died.

The akuma virus wasn't spread through, because the level 3 had stabbed her, instead of infecting her with the virus. That way she died as if she had been killed by someone else other than an akuma.

Droplets of sadness hit the black board, regretting his actions.

Was it inevitable that she would die?

If so, their friendship would cause him to be surrounded in melancholy; after all, they were connected.