16. Torment [Tyki Mikk]

Theme: Torment  

Person: Tyki Mikk

Tyki's eyes were on [Name] as she approached him, trying to take on a brave front. She had found out that he was a Noah trying to kill her best friends at the Order; Allen, Lenalee, Lavi, even Kanda (they're probably not even friends, but she considers him one since the others do too).

She had met him when she was going to get killed by a criminal, and fortunately, he was there, passing by. He saved her by knocking the man unconscious, saving her life. He had told her his name and that he was someone who was passing by only, then he left, hoping that she got home in good shape.

Since then, she's always wanted to see him again. [Name]'s seen him a few times other than that, but she didn't believe it, since they were far away from each other. It was when the others had encountered him at Edo that she found out what he truly was, and what he did for the Millennium Earl.

She wasn't an exorcist yet, but Hevlaska and the Central Agency forced her to stay there, believing that she was of exorcist blood since more than 75% of her family had Innocence that they were compatible with.

[Name] was sent on missions with the others, hoping that there would be Innocence out there that would react to her, making her become an exorcist, but currently none to date.

When she found out he was a Noah, she didn't care, but when she saw him attacking her friends, her heart was broken into two. Could she love a Noah who killed her friends? She had no idea what to do. It was tormenting her heart that she had to choose between the two.

"Ah. You're [Name], right?" Tyki asked, blinking as he pointed to her. She nodded, trying to prevent herself from clenching her hands together.

She was only there for one thing. Only one thing. Ok, maybe not one thing, but there was a set question in her mind.

Road, who was with him most of the time, decided to disappear on them after she saw that [Name] was approaching. [Name] guessed that Road knew what she wanted to ask Tyki. After all, Road was the one that found out the feelings [Name] harboured for her brother.

"Tyki...are you going to try and kill my friends again, just like in Edo?" [Name] asked, feeling the sting of tears at asking this question. She already knew the answer, yet she had to ask.

Tyki inspected her form, trying to take in everything; body language. He knew that she had wanted to see him all the time, like Road had said, and he also knew that she was uncomfortable in the situation currently. He had no idea what he felt for her either. She was with the exorcists, it was his job to kill them, but he couldn't kill her, even if she was or wasn't an exorcist. It made him really annoyed to think about her at times. So he just considered her a person that he would befriend if he didn't have to kill her.

Reluctantly, he nodded in answer to [Name]'s questions. [Name] pressed her lip, repeating to herself to be strong and not cry.

"...are you...going to kill me?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Tyki took surprise, wanting to know why she asked that. He knew that whatever he wanted to know was not going to be answered, so to simply put, he answered in a very simple way.

"If you become an exorcist...then yes." Tyki answered. He wondered why he said that.

"But...why...?" She asked, voice breaking. Her eyes rimmed of tears. One slid down her cheek, catching Tyki's quick attention.

He stared at [Name]'s soft face, finding her to be upset and crying. He walked a bit closer and wiped the tears off her cheek. "Hey – why are you crying?" He didn't bother to answer her last question. He knew she knew.

"B-Because...I-I'll...probably not see my f-friends again...b-but what if they killed you? What of t-that? I can't bear for you to die either!" [Name] cried, covering her face in her hands.

There, she had said it. She just admitted that she cared for him. End of story.

Tyki's eyebrows raised and he stroked her hair once. "[Name], don't worry about me. You're going to face off with me one day when you get your Innocence, aren't you? You can't be with me...because you're going to be on the opposite side. Clear your mind and forget about me. "

And he was gone.