45. Attractiveness [Tyki Mikk]

Theme: Attractiveness

Person: Tyki Mikk

Women in fancy gowns danced with men with tuxedos around the dance floor. They twirled and caught onlookers' gazes, winking at them before continuing their strides. There was a crowd of onlookers, people of the party that surrounded the dancers as they did not have a partner to dance with. They gazed with envy at the flock of gracefully dancing women, wishing to be them. Among them, [Name] stared out into space, standing next to the rectangular food table that was clothed in magnificent white, food of all shapes and sizes sitting there, waiting to be eaten. She swished a glass of what was supposed to be wine, but was actually grape juice. She didn't like wine.

[Name] didn't care much about the party. She was invited only because she was of high status in the European world; nothing else. She had watched the dancers before, found that they were flirting with people who weren't their dance partners; then kissing their dance partners for a thank you gift. That would be considered stupid to her.

'Huh...when is this party going to end?' She thought to herself, blinking once and snapping out of her daydream, before looking around once. She found a few empty seats away to her front. Her legs killed from standing up on those deadly high heels and wanted to sit down. She made her way over and plopped down, before she watched the dancers twirl.

But, something caught her eye when she looked over. A tall dark skinned man, about a head taller than her, held onto the hand of a lovely blonde young woman, a charming smile on his features. He was at least to say, handsome. If not; more. [Name] was intrigued. She wondered how a man could have such charms and how they lured her in like fish.

The tall man let go of the blonde woman's hand and smiled before he looked around, seeing if anybody else needed him. That's when he spotted [Name], sitting by herself at one of the empty tables, calmly drinking her grape juice. He moved like a true gentlemen, walking and standing about half a metre away from her.

[Name] blinked and she stared at the handsome male. Since he was closer up than before, she had to say, he was even more handsome close up.

"My lady...how come someone as beautiful as you would sit out on an occasion like this? Surely you like dancing, don't you?" The handsome man asked. "Would you like to dance?"

[Name] didn't have any good or bad feelings about dancing. She found herself nodding her head. The man smiled and took her hand, gently, lifting her up from her seat as he whizzed her to the dance floor.

They danced around the dance floor, capturing the eyes of many onlookers. They twirled gracefully and elegantly, the taller man taking the lead. The other dancers had started to dance around the two of them, making them the centre of the spotlight. After the song had finished, they stopped in the middle of the floor. There was loud clapping from the audience.

The dark skinned man lifted up [Name] hand and kissed it gently, causing her cheeks to flush a light red.

"You look beautiful, like a flower, with the red gracing your cheeks." He said. "Thank you for the dance. It was truly pleasurable." Then, he led the two of them to the crowd, before he went off to find his family.

[Name] was blushing like crazy. She couldn't get the image of him out of her mind.

Damn. Why'd he have to say that?