79. Remorse [Allen]

Theme: Remorse

Person: Allen Walker

He had hurt [Name]. He didn't even know what he did. But, he hurt [Name]. He critically injured her, but, she was still alive, which was a relief to the white haired exorcist. Allen didn't know what happened, but he knew that it was him himself that inflicted harm against her that he didn't know he committed.

Allen stayed outside the infirmary, the doors slightly opened so that he could see inside. He saw the rushing of nurses and the other exorcists there, Lavi, Lenalee and Chaoji. They were all there when he had hurt her.

"Stay strong, [Name]!" Lenalee clasped her hand around her friend's, hoping and wishing that another one wouldn't disappear. Thankfully, after a few more minutes, [Name]'s condition was stable. "[Name], [Name], are you alright?" Lenalee asked.

[Name] mumbled something that was inaudible to everybody, then stared at the door. She lifted herself up and sat up against the wall, her eyes still locked on the door.

[Name]'s lips spread into a crooked smile, extending her arm out to the door. "Allen-kun...are you alright now? Please come in." [Name] spoke.

Allen froze, feeling her eyes on the door. As she had spoken those words, unwanted feelings of sadness and remorse struck his heart, causing tears to fall because of his strong affections towards her.

He couldn't bear it anymore, he couldn't be there anymore. He had to go. This was no place for him to be, no place for him to stay. He had to go. Allen wiped the tears off, turning around quickly and running off. The tears still fell, even after he had decided to go.

[Name] stared at the door, an emotionless expression on her face, almost as if she were daydreaming. Her arm dropped slowly down so that it rested on her lap. She felt something was wrong. Why had she suddenly felt a pang of unhappiness hit her?

[Name] hoped that those double doors that led into the infirmary would open from the other side. But, a sinking feeling would say that it would never open to be the person she wished.

"Allen...?"