3. Hope [Kanda Yu]

Theme: Hope

Person: Kanda Yu

[Name] walked aimlessly around her room, her mind completely blank. She would stare at something with her [Eye Colour] eyes for a quiet second, before she would walk around again. It was as if she was searching for something, searching for something in her room.

The white haired exorcists hesitantly walked up to [Name]'s bedroom door and knocked, a plate of food in his hand. There was no answer. He knocked again. "[Name]-chan! I've got you some food!" Allen called, trying to sound as happy as he could. Still no answer. Allen stood out there, his hand on the door. Why didn't he realize it yet? That she wasn't going to be the same person she was when Kanda wasn't here.

Lenalee approached Allen. "Is she alright?" She asked quietly. Allen shook his head, looking at his hand. "[Name]-chan hasn't eaten in days...and she hasn't left her room..." Lenalee bit her lip softly, a few tears escaped her eyes. "Allen-kun...I'm worried." Lenalee wiped a tear from her eye. Allen turned to her, embracing her into a hug.

"[Name]-chan is going to be alright, Lenalee. We just have to be patient." Allen said quietly, whispering it into her ear.

Lenalee and Allen walked off, in hope that the next day would be much better.

The following day, Allen knocked again on the door. It was much quieter and lonelier without [Name] around. No answer. "It's me, Allen." No answer.

Lenalee stood next to Allen, and tried knocking when [Name] didn't answer Allen. "[Name]-chan. It's Lenalee." No answer.

[Name] stood in the middle of the room, staring up at the blank ceiling. He wasn't there, he wasn't there with her. She moved to her bed, where she sat on it, hugging her knees tight. Lenalee and Allen would occasionally knock and ask if [Name] was alright, but she ignored them and they would go away.

It seemed like eternity as she sat on her bed, hugging her knees. She didn't feel anything inside, as if she were just an outer shell with nothing inside.

There was a knock on the door.

Then there was another knock.

And another.

Then a really hard knock that sounded more like a punch.

"How long are you going to stay in there?" A familiar voice growled, irritated.

[Name] looked up, staring at the door. She knew that voice. But...she couldn't believe it. He wasn't alive.

The door slammed open forcefully and said man walked in, his usual scowl on. "[Name]! Why don't you open the door?"

[Name] looked up, straight at the Japanese exorcist. Slowly, she felt warmth in her chest. It spread around her body like wildfire.

Tears welled up and threatened to fall. "K-Kanda...?" She whispered, her voice breaking. Kanda stopped, a rare small smile formed.

"I'm back."

Just now, she felt as if her heart – and her world – was pieced back together again.