Chapter 72

3rd POV

"Hey look all the tornadoes are gone!"
"She's gone! Finally, we're saved!!" Everyone trying to break the ice turned around and indeed all the tornadoes (__) had created before were gone.
"No...that means..." Marco began sadly.
"They're gone. They're actually gone." Izo finished and Haruta punched the ice as tears of sadness flowed.
"They aren't gone!!! (__) and Ace are still alive!!!!" Luffy yelled punching the ice some more.
The three Shichibukai stopped their fights with the admirals to process what they just hard. All the pirates began crying and weeping for the loss of their dear friends.
"Luffy. That's enough." Jinbe said crying.
"No, they're alive!! I won't let them die!!!
"Luffy look," Jinbe said pulling out Luffy's vivre card which was now only a few centimeters wide. It slowly began burning away until there was nothing left. When it hit Luffy that Ace and (__) were both gone he fell onto the floor in despair. Akainu came at Luffy with one of his magma punches but was blocked by Marco.
"Listen we cannot give in to despair! Carry Straw Hat if he won't run hurry!" Marco yelled and Jinbe did as he said. "We may have lost Ace and (__) today but they'll live on through Luffy!" The men wiped their tears away and picked themselves off the ground. "If Ace and (__) can't protect him then we have to as their family!! Fight like their pride's on the line!!!"
"Yeah!!!!"
Marco eventually got pushed away by Akainu. The magma admiral took this chance to chase after Luffy but he stopped when he heard a loud slamming noise come from behind him. He slowly turned around finding a very pissed Whitebeard standing behind him. Whitebeard punched Akainu with his tremor powers so hard the ground began to crack underneath. He then jumped into the air to pierce Akainu with a kick but he simply rolled away to safety. Once on his feet, Akainu sent magma shots to Whitebeard that he simply dodged. This time Akainu tried fighting hand to hand but he proved no match for Whitebeard. Right before Whitebeard got to punch him Akainu used one of his magma punches to punch Whitebeard in the stomach hard enough to pierce him. Even after Akainu removed his hands a fire remained at the place he punch him.
"POPS, NO!!!!!"
Memories of Ace and (__) flowed through Whitebeard's mind as his children begged him to stand.
"Hey Pops," a vision of Ace began. "It's not over yet."
"Come on you got this Pops!" A vision of (__) said with her usual smile.
Whitebeard now fueled with more strength reached his hand out to grab Akainu by his collar. He then threw the admiral into the air and punched him using his tremor powers. The floor cracked destroying the city as well as Marine Headquarters. To add on the island broke behind Whitebeard separating him from the rest of his crew.
"Damn it why!?" Marco asked nothing about the large gap between him and Whitebeard.
"He's stuck over there we can't even fight!" One of the pirates yelled crying.
"But why!?"
"I am your enemy and I alone!! So show you have the resolve to face me!!" Whitebeard declared in a fighting position. Marines that charge at him were easily beaten by one swing of his spear.
"Retreat!!!" Marco yelled crying. "Get back to the ship!!!" This earned a lot of protest from the pirates but they agreed anyway.
Marine after marine came at him but none could kill him. Even with all the injured, he accumulated he still stood tall.
"Hey look there's someone in the scaffold!" One of the marines pointed out.
"You fellas aren't very observant, are ya?"
"Blackbeard!" Sengoku said with distaste. "It seems you made some new friends."
"What those are the worst criminals in the world!?" One of the marines yelled frightened.
"They were supposed to be wiped from history even death was too good for them. He's the largest living being in the world, the Great Battleship San Juan Wolf!"
"Wow, they even know my name. Well, I'll be." The large giant said hiding only slightly behind the now destroyed Marine Headquarters.
"The Corrupt King Avalo Pizzaro!!"
"Now I'm back now you die!"
"Heavy Drinker Vasco Shot!"
"I'm gonna go ahead and kill them off okay." The drunk pirate said.
"Crescent Moon Hunter Catarina Devon!"
"You boys want this, try me."
"And that's the old jail manager from Impel Down, Shiryu of the Rain! They joined the Blackbeard Pirates!!"
"Hey there Pops, I'm glad I could make it to your funeral!" Blackbeard laughed. "You miss me?"
"You fat bastard."

"How were you able to slip past us?" Sengoku yelled.
"I'll take credit for that one. Allow me to explain. I hypnotized the marines in the control room to allow any navy ship or ally to go through the gates." Laffitte explained.
"Since I was your ally I got through just fine. If it wasn't for my title I couldn't have made it inside the prison either. Long story short being a warlord made this little operation a cinch! But know I'm through with you!"
"You used us just to bolster the ranks of your crew."
"The old soldier finally figured it out." Blackbeard laughed. "My plan is almost complete now. You'll see soon enough."
"Let's finish this, you damn traitor," Whitebeard said coldly. He swung his arm causing a tremor to head straight for Blackbeard taking out any marines in its path. Sadly every single one of the Blackbeard Pirates were able to dodge his attacks.
"So much for old times. Guess I can't blame ya."
"Of all the pirates that called the Moby Dick their home you are the only one I refuse to call my son, Teach. There was only one rule I had on my ship and you dared to break it. You betrayed our trust by attempting killing your fellow mate. It's time to put an end to this!" Marco tried to help him but Whitebeard wouldn't allow it. "Let's get this over with right now."
"What do you think I'm here for," Blackbeard said as his black darkness surrounded him. He put his darkness on the floor under Whitebeard's feet so he was sinking in it. Whitebeard went to swing his arm but Blackbeard's devil fruit power consumed it before he could do anything. Blackbeard then kicked Whitebeard in the stomach which was followed by a punch to the chin. Whitebeard tried to use his powers again but it failed. This time he used his spear to cut Blackbeard across the side of his chest.
"My arm!!" Blackbeard wailed on the floor in pain. Whitebeard presses the end of his spear to Blackbeard's hand and his hand on Blackbeard's neck.
"You are arrogant. You were never fit to be in my crew."
"Hey hold one. Pops please don't. Pops I'm your son damnit. You wouldn't kill your own son!" Whitebeard punched him with no hesitation earning him cheers from his crew.
"Get away from me you monster!" Blackbeard said backing away a bit as Whitebeard approached. "I said get away damnit!" He said as Whitebeard went to punch him. "Just die already!!" Blackbeard fired off his gun right before he got punched saving him. "Finish him off, hurry!!!" Blackbeard yelled as he fired more bullets. Whitebeard was attacked by a barrage of bullets and swords all piercing his skin spilling blood everywhere.
"POPS!!!!!!"
"Come on Pops!"
"Fight back Pops!!"
"Please don't die!!"
"Hey, I'm out of bullets someone get me another gun!" Blackbeard yelled.
"That won't be necessary. Whitebeard's unconscious that man is done for." Shiryu stated. "You could nudge him with his pinky and he'll topple over like a domino."
"It's not you Teach."
"No way, he's still alive!" Blackbeard said surprised and scared.
"The man Gol D. Rodger was waiting for, it's not you Teach. Not a damn chance. Just as there are people out there who have inherited Rodger's will soon enough someone will carry on in Ace's and (__) name as well. We may try to destroy their spirit but you will never extinguish their flame so it has been, and so it shall continue to be from now to the very end of time. And one day in the future, when we're all dead and gone, one will arise carrying upon generations and generations of history on his shoulders and he'll throw down the gauntlet in front of the entire world. Sengoku you and the government know what's coming. A war that will embroil the seas far and wide, that's why you're so afraid. Though nothing you do will stop it. I've no interest in it myself but someday your treasure will turn this world upside down. You know what I'm talking about and I'm sure that someone will find it. Whether you like it or not that day will come soon." Whitebeard began. "THE ONE PIECE! THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!!!!!!"
"YOU BASTARD!!!!" Sengoku yelled.
"Ahahah! Now that was a touching conclusion." Blackbeard said.
"NO!! COME ON POPS DON'T LEAVE US!!!!"
"Forgive me, my sons. I raised a son and I couldn't take responsibility. But you guys gave me everything I could have wanted out of life. I've reached the end of my voyage. It's been a long, and fulfilling journey." Whitebeard thought to himself. "I couldn't have asked for more." He said out loud this time. He started remembering each of his children's starting with Marco and ending with (__). Everyone with a smile on their face as they sailed to a new adventure. "Goodbye, my children."

"He's... dead! I can't believe that bastard he just died on his feet." Blackbeard said surprised.

And so Whitebeard is dead. Even after death, his body remains upright. The haunting image of his battered body which mowed down his enemies was a sight to behold. The finally tally of sword wounds he received in this battle was no less than 267 and the number of gunshot wounds, 152. He was struck by cannonballs 46 times and yet if you were to look upon the proud back of this great man, you would see, that in this battle, and indeed his entire life as a pirate it remained unmarked by any sign of retreat.