Proving Myself

Aj's pov*

I walked backstage with the guys and Paige. "Aj." Stephanie walked up to us. "I saw your match last week on RAW, you destroyed Brie. So tonight will be a Divas battle royal to see who faces Nikki for her championship at Fastlane." She said.

"Ok, what's the catch?" I asked. "Well in order to be put in the battle royal, you need to beat your opponent tonight." She fake smiled before walking off.

"Against who?" Dean asked. "I don't know, but I feel it's not gonna be good." I said. "Oh, and The Shield is banned from ringside." Stephanie said before she turned the corner.

"Great." I said sarcastically.

Later..

Let's light it up, light it up, light it up, light it tonight!

I did my normal entrance and sat on the ropes. There was a silence. The Authority's music hit. I sighed in anger as the whole gang came down.

"Aj, your opponent for tonight will be.............. The Viper, Randy Orton." Hunter said as they all sat at ringside. My eyes widened as Randy got in the ring.

The ref rang the bell. Randy just started laughing. "This is gonna be fun." He said. We circled and locked up, he automatically pushed me in a corner.

He laughed again. I glared at him before smiling. His smile faded as he went after me. I ducked under his arm and dropkicked him. It didn't seem to affect him.

He ran at me again, but I put him in a sleeper hold. I got him in it pretty good. He fell to his knees and tried getting me off, but I would not budge.

He was able to get to the bottom rope. I used my full four count before letting go. As he was getting up, I went for a Curb Stomp, but he reversed it with an RKO.

He went for the pin. 1..2.. I kicked out at the last second. He looked at me in shock and anger. He threw me out of the ring and slammed me into the barricade.

Pain shot through my body as he continued to dominate me. He threw me into the steel steps and smashed my head on the ring post. He threw me back in the ring and waited for me to get up.

Once I got up, he went for the RKO again, but I put him in the Black Widow instead. He screamed in pain as I fully got it locked in.

He was able to get out of it. I struggled to my feet and gave him a curb stomp. I got him up and gave him a Dirty Deeds. I went for the pin. He barely kicked out.

I let out a frustrated breath. "Give up!" I yelled at him. He got up and I gave him a Shining Wizard. He fell down to his knees, and I ran at him with a knee to the face.

I put him in the Black Widow again. He struggled out of it after a minute. He got to his feet, and I ran at him to give him a Superman Punch, but got an RKO outta nowhere.

I fell to the mat and he fell into the pin. 1..2.. My shoulder flew up. I was surprised, and I could tell, so was he. I got to my feet and gave him an RKO. I went into the cover.

1..2..3. I stood up and the ref held my arm up. I quickly ran up the ramp and backstage. I didn't even notice I was bleeding. "Oh my god, dude that was awesome!" Dean picked me up.

"Hell yeah it was!" I said. He took me to the trainers room and sat me down. "You need to stay out of that battle royal." The doc said. "What?! No!" I yelled.

"Your in no condition." He said. "Your kidding." I said. "I'm gonna go get you some pain medication." He left the room. "I'm going to that match." I said. "No your not." Dean said. I stood up.

"Watch me."