S5 Chapter 8

Shifting her food around the bowl with plainly colored chopsticks, Amari sighed to herself, taking in the bustling noise of the cafeteria. It was something she had gotten used to over the last year, although now it was much more drowned out. The clanging of the metal sticks against her bowl being the only sound she had really noticed.

She wondered how school would be the day after her and Todoroki's fight, and it turned out to be just as lonely and heart wrenching as she expected it to be.

She shouldn't have been hurt, knowing that the girl was the one that caused this discord in the first place, but it wasn't as if she could help it. It seemed without his presence next to her, Amari still felt lost.

The girl tried to talk to him before class but all she received was a half hearted response before she buried his head in his book, a clear sign that he wasn't in the mood for conversation. It wasn't as if she could blame him though, Bakugo had been keeping things from him, that part was true.

Thinking back to his annoying purpled skinned brother, Amari twisted her brow in disdain before slamming her chopsticks down into her rice twice, almost like she was invisibly trying to beat some sense into that man. This was all his fault.

If only Dabi wasn't such an asshole back then, saying things to make her intentions worse than what they were, and it wasn't as if she could defend herself. That's probably why the villain did so in the first place.

Although as much as she wanted to blame him, Bakugo internally knew who to really blame, herself. She hated it, but the way things played out was only because of her fragile heart, of her wanting to hold everything in for the sake of everyone else's happiness.

She knew that, yet it didn't stop her from continuing the vicious cycle she had come to know. Yeah, that's right, Dabi only screwed with her because she gave him the chance. That's how it was.

And here she was now, sitting alone in the cafeteria, wishing for another outcome, wanting for her brain not to be as fucked up as it was. But it was too late to go back now. She had already made her bed, now she had to lie in it.

Bakugo grumbled to herself then, stabbing her rice a couple more times before muttering under her breath, the self hatred for herself too strong to keep in. "Stupid, stupid stupid. Why do you have to be so stupid!?'"

She was sure the other students thought the girl was insane for doing something like this but Amari didn't care. She just needed to get her aggression out, or else it would eat her up inside.

Although she was stopped when another voice cut through her moment of devastation, interest and slight confusion in his tone. "Oi stabby, what the hell are you doing muttering to yourself? People are gonna think you belong in a psych ward at this rate."

Blinking in surprise, Amari turned at the voice only to find her brother staring down at her with his own tray of food. She tried to greet him happily but he could hear the less enthused response that actually came out of her mouth. "Oh, hey Katsuki."

The boy only frowned though, glancing towards the empty seat to his right which was usually occupied by Todoroki. She really hoped he wouldn't connect the dots, not wanting to talk about the boy just yet. Mostly because Amari didn't really have an explanation to give him.

Yet her wish was short-lived as Bakugo spoke the very words she dreaded hearing. "Why are you eating alone? Where's icy hot? You two are always attached at the damn hip all the time.."

Closing her eyes for a moment, Amari clutched onto her chopsticks before trying to put on a facade for her brother in hopes that he wouldn't push further. "Oh, Well he probably doesn't really want to talk to me right now so I'm giving him some space. Anyways..."