S4 Chapter 17

Breathing heavily, Amari touched her blood filled arm before detaching herself from Deku. Looking down at the surface, she could see the black veins prominent on her skin, now enhanced by the daylight. It was a sign of her mutation, a sign she wasn't human.

She frowned back only for Deku to notice the sight as well, now reaching forward to touch her arms. "Mari-chan, you're arm.."

But just as he touched the surface, Amari flinched now pulling away from the boy in an attempt to hide the defect given by All for One. "Please don't look. I'm sorry you had to see such a hideous sight."

Deku's eyes widened at that before leaning towards the girl in anxiety. He didn't like the words she was using in the slightest. "Hold on, why are you saying that? I don't think they are hideous. I guess I'm just curious, that's all."

Laughing half heartedly, the girl then clutched her arm in disdain for herself. She didn't really want to tell Deku about this but knew it was impossible to hide now that he saw the black lines himself. "They are a side effect for the Nomu blood in my system."

At that, both Eri and Deku turned to her in shock, the boy stuttering out a reply. "W-What do you mean? I thought you stopped taking those pills.."

Yet that's when Amari gritted her teeth, now slamming her hand onto the pavement below in devastation. "It doesn't matter, either way I'm half Nomu. All for One changed me into this and I hate it. Everything I thought was true, everything that I used to keep me going was a lie Deku."

Then her voice lowered as tears lined the corners of her eyes. "What am I going to tell Katsuki? My explosion quirk, it's not even from my family. All for One just gave it to me so I could seem normal. He's going to be devastated. What if, he hates me because of it?"

Putting her head in her hands, Deku watched the rise and fall of her shoulders as she stuttered out a breath, unsure what he should say in this type of situation. Her life was littered with such pain. She only wanted to be a hero like the rest of them, so why had everything seemingly gone wrong for her? He hated it.

He touched her shoulder first, causing the girl to look into his eyes as he spoke. "Mari-chan, I'm sure Kacchan will accept you either way. I've seen the way he stands up for you, supports you. He doesn't do that for anyone else but you. You want to know why that is? Because he loves you."

Shaking her head, Amari's eyes fell. "You don't know if he will. What if..."

Yet Deku only smiled back, his passion reaching towards the girl all at once. "Yes, I do. Trust me, I know Kacchan better than anyone. And even on the impossible chance he doesn't accept you, I do. And I know for a fact that many others will as well."

Taking in his words, Amari felt reassured, now seeing Eri walk towards her all at once, sadness in her eyes. "Sissy, I don't want you to be sad."

At that, the girl's heart broke into pieces, now leaning forward to pat Eri on the head once, a smile lined through her tears. This child was so sweet for being worried for her. "I'm not sad anymore. Thank you Eri. Are you okay?"

Nodding back, the girl replied back frightened, now checking behind her. "What if he comes back? I don't want you to be hurt anymore because of me. I hate that the most."

Yet Bakugo only shook her head lightly. "Don't worry, if he does then Deku and I will take care of him. We won't let him hurt you again. Now, let's get you home, okay?"

Eri agreed silently and Deku moved to stand as well when suddenly a thousand invisible needles pricked his skin, causing him to fall to the floor in agony. He gritted his teeth at the sensation when Amari noticed his state and raced forward, a concerned hand to his shoulder. "Deku, what's wrong?!"