S3 Chapter 16

News of the interview traveled quickly, and before they knew it, the topic was the talk of the town and the school. Following the plan, Endeavor personally informed the outlets so that his son's name would be clear as fast as possible. To the world, Amari and Todoroki were now no longer associated.

Walking into the hallway without her brother, Amari heard the gossip swirling through the halls, all eyes on her more than ever. At least they weren't saying anything bad about Todoroki anymore. That's all she wanted.

She slightly felt bad for ditching Katsuki this morning but honestly she didn't have the heart nor the energy to talk to him about this now. He would surely freak when he finds out about the interview.

Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder only to turn around and find Shinso staring back at her. "Hey, did you hear what they are saying now? Get a look at this.."

Then he took out a news article before showing the girl. "The lies don't stop, huh. I can't believe they are saying that Todoroki is going to a marriage interview. What kind of nonsense is that? Honestly I think they are running out of ideas."

He began to laugh at his joke but stopped when Amari wasn't joining along. Instead, she only sighed sadly. "It's the truth."

Blinking back in surprise, Shinso couldn't believe what he was hearing. As far as he knew, Amari loved Todoroki. Had something changed? "Wait, what? What do you mean it's the truth? That guy is dating you but is also going to a marriage interview? Isn't that kind of wrong?"

Although she only shook her head. "No, it's not like that. We aren't together anymore. Shot- I mean, Todoroki can do what he wants now."

This brought an even bigger surprise. "What..you broke up?"

Narrowing her eyes in frustration though, the girl muttered back half heartedly. "Can we not talk about it please? I just want to forget it."

Yet Shinso didn't get the message, pushing further. "I don't understand. You were like obsessed with him. What happened?"

Closing her eyes for a moment, Amari's voice returned colder and more cruel than she probably meant it to be, stopping the boy in his tracks. "Would you just drop it Shinso. I already said I don't want to talk about it, can't you respect my god damn wishes for once?"

The boy was stunned at that though. He hadn't heard her talk like that since the sports festival when he made her confess. He could tell she was hurting somehow, and that one word could cause her to break down altogether. "Sorry."

At his apology, Amari immediately felt bad, putting a hand to her head in an oncoming headache. Why was everything so complicated? "No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. I just have a lot to worry about right now. I shouldn't have taken it out on you though. God, I'm the worst."

Shaking her head, Shinso eyed the girl before rustling her hair with an understanding look. "Oh come on, I wouldn't say the worst. I get if you don't wanna talk about it but don't stew about it all by yourself. Remember what I said before, I'm not fragile. You can tell me anything short stuff."

Amari shoved his hand off of her before nodding slowly. "Thanks."

Shinso didn't understand exactly what had happened but he knew that she was hurting right now. Maybe that bastard decided to break up with her? Just the thought made him extremely angry inside. He must have known what she was dealing with, if so then why did he just leave her like that?

Hold on, now that he thought about it, didn't that guy give him crap and tell him that Todoroki was going to support her no matter what during the training camp? What a load of bullshit that turned out to be.