S2 Chapter 10

The day after the sports festival, the results were all over the news. The top three overall challengers ending up being Amari in third place, Todoroki in second, with Katsuki winning the entire festival. Usually that would've made the boy ecstatic but ever since their fight, Bakugo was in the worst mood ever.

He hadn't even seen tried to speak to her since everything and Amari felt that sense of loneliness creep into her stomach again. They were doing so well, she didn't want to go back to how they used to be.

Sighing heavily, she watched him stomp down the steps the next morning before grabbing a piece of toast, still not uttering a word to her.

Amari could hear her father watching the news in the background, recapping the festival in vivid detail loudly. "Enough about the third years, this time the ones to look out for were the first year students of Class 1-A which blew the competition away and claimed the top three spots. That class is definitely something to look out for."

Swirling the spoon into her cereal, she listened to the announcers words silently. "And what may have shocked everyone the most was the unexpected confession by the third place ranked student, Bakugo Amari of Class 1-A. Talk about bold."

At his words, she dropped her spoon in embarrassment, already racing to the TV to stop replaying that terrible moment in her mind. "Turn it off."

Quickly grabbing the remote in her hand, she turned it off quickly before sighing in frustration. That bastard Shinso was making her the laughing stock of the entire country.

Her father just looked confused when Amari heard her mother enter the room, looking rather shocked. "Wait, Amari, do you have a boyfriend?!"

Realizing she must of heard the TV, the girl put her hands out quickly. Calling Todoroki her boyfriend didn't seem right for them right now. "Oh, uhh well..."

Just then, Bakugo appeared from nowhere, shouting back for her. "No, she doesn't."

Their mother frowned at his answer, slapping him across the head once. "Shut up Katsuki, I wasn't talking to you. Don't answer for your sister."

She then flipped her personality around like she usually did with Amari. "Now Amari sweetie, do you?"

Glancing towards her brother's angry expression, she replied. "Well uhh, I wouldn't really call us that just yet."

But of course, their mother took that as a yes and smiled proudly. "AHH that's wonderful dear. You should invite him to dinner tonight. I would love to meet this boy."

At her words, Amari gasped, already putting her hands out in a hard rejection. There was no way she would subject Todoroki to their crazy home life. "Oh no no no, that's okay. I'm sure he's really busy anyways with school and training and everything. Also it's so sudden, I don't want to seem rude or anything like that or you know seem too pushy or anything..."

Putting her hand up to stop her daughter's ramblings Amari's mother answered. "Oh, it would be no trouble at all. We'd all love to have him over."

Bakugo didn't seem thrilled by the idea though, slamming his hands on the table in front of him. "Oh no, I don't want that ice hot bastard anywhere near my house. I already see him enough as it is!"

Frowning at his response, Amari realized that maybe this wasn't a good idea after all. Bakugo already had a problem with him. The whole thing would probably just be awkward. "It's okay mom, thanks for the offer though. I think it would be better if he didn't."

Their mother paused for a moment before narrowing her eyes and speaking hard. It was the first time she had ever spoke to her daughter in that tone. The air suddenly felt dramatically different. "Amariana Bakugo, you will invite this boy tonight for dinner."