S3 Chapter 17

It was Sunday, and the day that Amari had been dreading all week had finally come like a slap in the face. It was the day of the marriage interview.

Quickly changing into a simple sweatshirt and pants, she paused when a loud knock was overheard through her door followed by the sound of it opening. She did leave it open this morning anyways so that wasn't really surprising.. "I can't believe you're actually up this early. Normally you'd be snoring still."

Amari gasped at that, slapping her brother on his shoulder in fake annoyance. "Hey, I do not snore! I think you're referring to yourself Katsuki."

Bakugo frowned in response, pushing his sister back a couple inches and causing her to brush the comb over the wrong part of her face. "Shut up idiot. I don't snore either. You must need your ears checked or something."

She couldn't help but smile under her breath at this. Ever since the night they confessed everything to each other, the twins' relationship seemed more natural, like there was some kind of mutual understanding between each other. Honestly it was nice. She felt like she didn't have to hide anything from him anymore.

Grumbling back, Bakugo pointed his thumb in the direction of the hallway then. "Come on, that damn Deku decided to make breakfast for everyone. I'm not going to eat his disgusting cooking but that doesn't mean you can't. Honestly though, I don't even understand how you can stomach that kid still."

She placed her brush down before answering back apologetically, her eyes having a hint of sadness to them. "He's really not that bad, and I think I'm okay. I'm not really hungry right now."

This caused Katsuki to frown. "Oh no, that's not happening. Now get down there before I drag you. You need to eat. I won't let you stay up here and act all depressed and shit, and I'm pretty sure the others won't either."

Amari seemed surprised at his words, knowing fully well that Deku probably made that breakfast to cheer her up because of the interview. Unfortunately, her stomach wasn't feeling all that up for food right now. "Thanks for the offer but I'm okay, really. I have somewhere to go today anyways.."

Although, Bakugo still didn't seem pleased at that, shrugging his shoulders and replying. "Suit yourself."

Then in a single motion, he grabbed onto Amari's waist before hoisting her over his shoulder like one large sack of potatoes. He did warn her, although that didn't stop her from protesting. "Katsuki, what the hell! Put me down! You know how much I hate this! I swear if I had a quirk right now you would be on fire!"

Yet Bakugo only mildly listened to her insults, now moving out the door and into the common area where the others where. He wasn't going to let her stew about Todoroki all alone. No, he already promised he'd be there for her. "Not a chance, let's go."

Deku and the rest of the class eyed the twins with interest as Bakugo rounded the corner, now hearing Amari's threats as clear as day as she was slung over his shoulder. Something had definitely changed between them, and Midoriya was happy about that. He had never seen Kacchan so animated before.

Throwing her onto the nearby sofa, Amari flopped off the side and onto the ground, groaning as she rubbed her head. "I hate you ."

Although Bakugo only smirked, crossing his arms around his chest. "No you don't stupid."

Grumbling to herself, the girl jumped back up then, knowing that he was right. "Shut up."

Just then, Deku came between them, now holding a plate of waffles in their direction. "Now now, let's not fight. Look, I made breakfast for everyone! I thought we could all eat together!"