Chapter 11

A strong ringing in her ear started as Amari recalled the words that would play in her mind over and over since she was a child. It was like a record, focusing her to always remember the most important rule of her quirk. "Amari, if you want to live then you mustn't use your quirk without the pills, understand?"

The Doctor's voice was a constant reminder of her weakness and setbacks. Throughout her training and surgeries the only thing that kept her alive was the dream of being able to stand next to Katsuki someday, to protect him from the world. That's what had brought her to this moment.

When she saw her brother being beaten and almost killed, Amari didn't even think before feeling her own legs move on their own towards him. It didn't matter if this was the last thing she could do for him, it didn't matter that he hated her and it didn't matter if this was the end of her life. She needed to save him.

Drawing her hand back, Amari thought that this situation was slightly comical. All this time she had been fighting to live, clawing at the chance to survive when in reality, all it took was one moment before everything was taken away. Funny how the universe works.

She could already feel her body rejecting her quirk, a burning heat filling her lungs and scorching her from the inside slowly.

Although it seemed Amari had other plans, staring at the villain with intent. If she really was going to die then she might as well go down kicking and screaming.

The villain noticed her stare, slightly interested. "Oh, it's you again. The one who's supposed to be special."

Shoving the pain down, Amari narrowed her eyes in disgust. "I don't know who you are but you've made two big mistakes."

He crossed his arms in interested, curious to see where this little girl was going with this. "And what would that be?"

Lifting her arm up, Amari felt the gold matter circling her body in warning, her piercing red eyes glaring at the man. "You hurt Katsuki and now I'm pissed."

Bakugo watched the scene as Amari leaped into action, cursing her name in the process. What was that idiot doing? If he couldn't beat them then how could she? He was the best after all.

Covering her body with the protective coating, she dodged the Nomu's attacks, hand raised out to confront the blue haired man.

The villain smiled and was easily able to catch her fist. "As that all you can do?"

Although Amari just smirked as he realized that his quirk wasn't working on her. It was the stupid gold coating on her body, blocking his attack.

She seemed to notice this and kicked him in the stomach, forcing him to grab her arm only to pull away in pain. Her skin had burned him to the touch.

He shrunk away only for her to feel a massive presence behind her, turing to find the Nomu staring at her. "Oh crap."

In one motion he grabbed her body and flung her to the other side of the arena, causing Bakuko, Todoroki and Deku to gasp. They covered their mouths to stifle a cry of terror.

Her protective coating started to glitch as Amari's body made impact with the ground, groaning at the burning sensation in her entire body. Fighting without the pills were really messing her up.

Feeling slightly nauseous, she rolled over and coughed, only for a thick layer of blood to leak from her mouth. Gritting her teeth, she shook her head in frustration. Not yet, she couldn't die yet.

Bakugo watched his sister his with terror in his eyes, unable to turn away from her in pain. He didn't want this. This was exactly why he didn't want her to be in U.A.