one hundred five

Today was Minho's special day, and he was turning 25.

The sun was setting, casting a warm, golden glow over the streets as Jisung, Hyunjin, and Felix continued preparing for the party.

Minho had invited his closest friends, some of whom he hadn't seen in years. They were the people who had supported him in times of need.

"Jisung, I would like to introduce you to my friends later. Is that okay?"

"I-I'm fine with it. B-But what if... they don't like me?"

Hyunjin, with his infectious smile, reassured Jisung:

"Trust me, they'll love you. Just be yourself. And don't worry, we're a pretty easygoing bunch."

Felix, stacking plates of appetizers, chimed in, "Yeah, Hyunjin's right. Plus, you're dating Minho, so you've already got a stamp of approval from the most important person here."

Jisung blushed, grateful for their encouragement. "Thanks, guys. I just... want everything to go well."

Hyunjin patted Jisung on the back. "Relax, Jisung. We're here to celebrate Minho and have a good time. No need to stress."

As the trio continued with the party preparations, the doorbell rang, signaling the arrival of the guests. Minho, dapper in his birthday suit, greeted everyone with a warm smile.

"Chan! What's up? It's been years! How old are you now—"

"He's half 52!" Seungmin chimed in.

"What the hell?! Don't say it like that! That makes me sound old!"

"Well, you are. And so are you, Minho. You're half 50!"

"I see. So some things really don't change. You still have the same mouth from before, Seungmin."

"And you still have the same shitty ass haircut."

Jeongin takes a step forward. Snickers at Seungmin. "Don't be too rude to the birthday boy. You're acting like you aren't half 44."

Minho laughed, enjoying the banter between his friends. "Hey, be nice to the birthday boy indeed. But honestly, it's good to see you all again. Thanks for coming. I missed you all."

Jisung, feeling a bit overwhelmed, stood by Minho's side, a shy smile on his face. Minho squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"Minho, who's this?" Chan asked, eyeing Jisung curiously.

"This is Jisung, my incredible boyfriend. Jisung, meet Chan, Seungmin, and Jeongin. They're like family to me."

Jisung nervously waved, feeling the weight of everyone's attention on him.  "H-Hi, nice to meet you all."

"Nice to meet you too, Jisung!" Jeongin grinned.

"Any friend of Minho's is a friend of ours." Seungmin smirked. "Well, I hope you're prepared for a chaotic night. These guys can get a bit wild."

Minho rolled his eyes. "Speak for yourself, Seungmin. Tonight is about celebrating, not causing chaos."

As the conversation flowed, Felix scanned the room.

"Speaking of chaos, where's Changbin? I thought he'd be here causing his usual mischief."

Minho chuckled, exchanging a knowing look with him. "Ah, Changbin always has a flair for making an entrance. He should be here soon. You know him – fashionably late."

Seungmin grinned mischievously. "Maybe he's out somewhere causing chaos before he graces us with his presence."

Jeongin chimed in, "I wouldn't be surprised. Changbin and chaos are like a package deal."

Just as they started joking about Changbin's legendary tardiness and penchant for unpredictability, the door swung open, revealing Changbin himself, wearing a stylish leather jacket and a sly grin.

"Did someone mention chaos?" he declared, sauntering in with a swagger that drew everyone's attention.

"Changbin, you're finally here!" Minho exclaimed, giving him a playful punch on the arm.

Chan raised an eyebrow. "We were starting to think you got lost on your way here or got distracted causing trouble somewhere else."

Changbin laughed, "Nah, just wanted to make a grand entrance. You know me – can't do anything the conventional way."

As Changbin joined the group, the banter and laughter continued, creating a lively atmosphere that only added to the charm of Minho's special celebration. 

Minho gestured towards Jisung. "Changbin, meet Jisung. My boyfriend."

Changbin's eyes sparkled with curiosity as he extended a hand toward Jisung. "A new addition to our wild crew, huh? Nice to meet you! What's the story? How did you end up putting up with Minho?"

Jisung exchanged a glance with Minho. "Uh, it's... a long story."

Changbin's grin widened, and he playfully nudged Minho. "A long story, huh? Well, I'm all ears. Spill the tea, Jisung."

"Yeah, we're dying to know how Minho managed to charm someone into putting up with his chaotic life," Seungmin added.

Hyunjin, who had been observing the playful banter, intervened.

"The food's getting cold! The story can wait till later."

Seungmin nodded. "Agreed. Food first, dramatic tales later."

Changbin, though still curious, laughed along. "Alright, alright. I suppose I can hold off on uncovering your secrets until I've had my fill."

With that, the group enthusiastically turned their attention to the delicious spread before them. Plates were filled, glasses were raised, and the lively conversation shifted to the flavors and aromas of the carefully prepared dishes.

Jisung, now more at ease, couldn't help but be drawn into the infectious energy of Minho's eclectic group of friends.

To be continued...