forty-eight

Hyunjin's torn between leaving or staying to investigate Grandma Hwang's old house. The area is silent. The windows are dark.

He's honestly scared. But he has to do this. For his best friend.

Meanwhile, miles away in the Hwangs' residence. Minho clasps his phone tightly. There's no news from Hyunjin and Mrs. Hwang.

He sniffs. Breathes in and out. Tries to stay calm.

"Don't worry... they'll find him," Grandma Hwang says.

Minho tries to smile. "Yeah... I believe they will..."

About half an hour later, his phone rings. It's Mrs. Hwang.

His heart nearly jumps out of his throat. He answers it with shaking hands. Grandma Hwang watches anxiously.

"Minho. He's here at your place— he just came back. Come quickly. And also tell Hyunjin about this."

- - -

- - - - - -

It is so scary for Minho. To see Jisung like this.

Mrs. Hwang said he came home frightened. Confused. Crying.

Jisung hasn't told them... what happened. He can't.

Because he says he didn't know. He doesn't know how he was in bed. How he was outside. How he was walking barefoot in his sleep clothes.

Jisung ran to Minho when he saw him. He hugged him so tightly. He was so cold. Minho cried with him. He was relieved but very worried.

He has Jisung wrapped in blankets now. The cuts on his feet have been cleaned. Covered. Minho put socks on him.

"I don't want more..." Jisung whispers.

Minho takes the mug from him. It's half-full. Mrs. Hwang made him tea. Because Jisung kept shivering.

"Thanks," Minho tells her. Hands her the mug back.

She smiles. Worry's on her face too. "Jisung," she says.

Jisung's eyes are wide. They flicker nervously.

" Hyunjin and I will come to see you tomorrow, okay?" Mrs. Hwang says. "I can bring Mama Haeun to see you too. If you want."

Jisung gives a nod. Tries to smile. But his lips quiver.

"Do you need anything else?" Hyunjin asks.

"No," Minho says. "Thank you so much."

Hyunjin smiles. Looks at Jisung. "What about you, Jisung? Is there anything I can do for you?"

Jisung's startled. He shakes his head. "N-No. Thanks."

Hyunjin nods. "Feel better soon. Both of you."

"And please don't hesitate to call, okay?" Mrs. Hwang says.

Minho thanks them again. He can't let Jisung go. So they see themselves out. They close the door behind themselves.

Jisung breathes. Sniffles. "Minho..."

"What is it, Jisung?" Minho says. Turns to face him. Caresses his cheeks. He's still cold. Pale.

Jisung's tears fall. "I don't know," he whimpers.

Minho kisses him. "It's okay, Jisung. You don't have to know now. You're safe. That's what's important. You're home. You're with me." He wipes his tears. "And I love you, okay?"

"Okay..." Jisung says. "Me too..."

Minho places his lips over his. Kisses him softly. "Do you want to go back to bed? It's morning, but we can sleep and rest."

"Okay," Jisung says. Stares ahead.

Minho moves him gently. Walks with him step by step. He lets Jisung slip into bed. He puts a blanket over him. Slides beside him.

He hugs Jisung to his chest. Tightly. Securely. He takes a long breath.

"I love you, Jisung..." He says. "I love you..."

He almost begs him. To not do what happened again. But he can't.

Jisung didn't do it intentionally. So Minho prays it doesn't happen. He prays he'll be alerted to his movements... if Jisung tried leaving again...

I've lost too many people in my life... I can't lose you too, Jisung.

To be continued...

Consider this as my Christmas present to y'all ^^

I could've let Jisung go walking around the streets and never be found. But I'm so kind uwu. Teehee

 Teehee