twenty-two

"Hello, Minho. Morning."

"Hi, Hyunjin. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. Hey, so... I got to see my grandmother today and I wanted to tell you the information I've got."

Minho stops drawing. He puts his pencil down. He switches his phone. To the other ear. "Yeah?"

"I mentioned the mannequin to her, asking where she'd gotten it. Her... reaction was... pretty strange, to be honest."

"Strange? How?" Minho says.

"I asked her if she remembered the mannequin in her attic. She got mad... and confusing. She said something about a... Jisung? She kept repeating that name over and over again. Maybe that's the maker?"

Minho's staring wide eyed ahead. Shocked.

"Hello? Minho? You still there?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm here. Um, anything else?"

"Sorry, no," Hyunjin says. "Mom wasn't happy that I upset her, so I had to leave. I'm not sure I can get you more information than that."

"Oh. Okay. Yeah, that's fine. Thanks, Hyunjin."

"No problem. But, are you alright?"

"Yeah! Yeah, I'm great. Bye, I've got some drawings to finish!"

Minho ends the call. He gulps.

So Jisung... could've turned human before. It had to be for enough time... for someone to know his name. For him to tell them his name.

Or.. was he a human? That turned into a mannequin?

Minho feels apprehensive. Scared. Because Jisung first told him about fear. Hurt. So... what had happened?

Is Hyunjin's grandmother... that she?

What happened that turned Jisung to a mannequin? Then stuck? In an attic? Till he was brought to Minho?

He shakes his head. He just has a few more hours left before Jisung turns human. He is eager to see his face...

Especially because he'll be waking up in his bed.

Well, last night... Jisung didn't turn into a mannequin for two hours after he fell asleep. Minho was worried. Uncertain of what to do.

But then Jisung did turn into a mannequin after some time. His breathing stopped. Minho was able to relax. Fall asleep.

It would've driven him crazy. To sleep in the same bed with him. To feel his warmth. To see his pretty face. To breathe his scent.

Minho had attempted sleeping beside him.

He ended up distancing himself from Jisung. He went further. And further. And even further. Till he fell off the bed. Oops!

Jisung sleeping with him is definitely not a good idea.

Especially because... he dreams about him too often.

- - -

- - - - - -

An hour later... Minho puts away his drawings. He keeps the scenes that need details. The not rated scenes, obviously. He puts them in a folder. On the table. He'll work on them while Jisung reads.

Then he dusts his clothes. Eraser bits fall off him. He walks to his bedroom. Slips into his bed. Curls towards the mannequin.

He waits. And smiles...

The mannequin's breathing comes back. His eyes are still closed. Minho touches his soft cheek. It's warm. Jisung's eyelids move.

The mannequin looks at him. His eyes are cute from sleep. A smile appears. "Minho-" He's startled. He blinks. He slowly sits up.

"Huh, what am I doing here...?" He glances at the bed. At the room. At Minho. Then he smiles again. "Oh. I slept... in your bed?"

"Yes, you did."

"I don't think I've ever slept before."

"How do you like it?"

"I don't know. I think I feel tired."

He suddenly yawns. His face is adorable. His eyes got watery.

Minho laughs. "You probably need more sleep. If you being a mannequin doesn't count as sleep... you really just slept a little under two hours. And that's too little."

"What? That's so much!"

Minho laughs again. It would definitely seem so. For Jisung. Because he initially only stayed human for minutes. Now it's hours.

Jisung yawns again.

"Jisung, do you want to go back to sleep? I think you need it."

He shakes his head. "Nooo... I'm hungry," he says.

Minho chuckles. He sits up. Kisses his lips quickly.

"Okay. Let's make you some food."

To be continued...

i'm so sleepy... here's a lovely sleeping jypapi for everyone <3

 here's a lovely sleeping jypapi for everyone <3