fifty-eight

In the morning. Minho feels a tickle. It's like a feather.

He slowly opens his eyes. Stares at Jisung. He still feels the sensation on his cheek. But he doesn't know.

Is it his imagination? Did it actually happen? Was it a dream? Is he wishing it so badly that... he's making himself feel it? 

Like when a person feels an itch after hearing a fly buzzing.

Minho checks what's around him. His sketchbook. The plate of strawberry pie. His pencils.

He can't tell. They're exactly where they were. But... have they been touched? He doesn't know.

If... Jisung did move... if he did turn human... is it like the first time Minho met him? With seconds and minutes?

Are all his memories gone? He... has no name again?

Minho had considered the possibility. He knows Jisung's experience could've been... too traumatizing again.

When he was in that state before... when he was half lost in his memories... sleepwalking... Jisung couldn't even recognize Minho.

So the result... could be different now...

It hurts. But Minho moves closer anyway. Kisses Jisung's head. Speaks to him. Places a hand on his.

"Good morning, love," he says. "It's me. Minho. Did you open your eyes last night? It's great if you did... and I'm sorry I wasn't awake."

"But if you didn't, that's okay. I'm still here, and I'll still wait. If you can hear my voice... please don't be scared when you see me."

"You can wake me up. You can kiss me too." He chuckles.

"If you wake me, I can kiss you back..."

The mannequin doesn't respond. Doesn't move.

Minho gulps. Clears his throat. "I-I love you, Jisung."

He stands up. "Anyways. I'll go get washed up. Then I'll get us some breakfast. Then I'll make some phone calls. And do some work. And... hmm... yep, Hyunjin will come see you. And me. So I'll be here all day."

He waits again. Like he always does. Whenever he speaks to Jisung.

After a minute of silence... he turns away.

"I'll be back in fifteen minutes, love."

Fifteen he said. But he's back in five.

He has showered. But he has a toothbrush in his mouth.

He just can't stay away long.

Jisung's still the same...

Minho's started the coffee maker. Poked his head out to check Jisung. Then gone back to the kitchen.

"Love, what would you like for breakfast?" He calls.

He always makes Jisung something. He puts it in the fridge. Because it's... uneaten. He knows Hyunjin's been eating some of them.

Oh... the strawberry pie. It makes Minho really sad.

The stuff he knows Jisung will love... aren't getting eaten.

He closes the cabinet. Shuffles out. He should put the pie in the fridge. Maybe save it for Jisung. For a little longer.

Minho stops in the doorway. He gasps.

The mannequin's... not hugging his knees anymore.

He's hunched over... Minho's sketchbook.

He's looking through Minho's sketchbook...

Just like the very first time they met.

Minho gulps. His heart's racing violently. He slowly steps forward.

Jisung hears him. Gasps. Jerks back from the sketchbook. His wide eyes stare at Minho. He's afraid. His hands clutch at his own chest.

"I'm sorry! Please... d-don't be scared of me... I won't hurt you—"

"I know," Minho says. Immediately. His throat's tight. He stays right where he is. "And you too. Don't be scared. I won't hurt you either..."

Jisung stays still. Watching him. Warily. And in astonishment.

"Oh..." He says. Blinks a few times. "Okay... hello..."

"Yes, hello... my name is Minho..." He says. Takes another step. Smiles through his tears. "And I love you, Jisung..."

To be continued...

See guys? I still have kindness in me ^^

Jisung was only a mannequin for a week. Not a year <3