thirty-four

"So I talked to Hyunjin today..." Minho says.

Jisung looks at him. His eyes and cheeks are round. A bagel's in his hand. Minho chuckles. Pecks his head. Sits beside him.

"I think... it would be nice for you to see Hyunjin first. For him to see you. Then when you feel good... and he feels comfortable about it, then we can get you to see his grandma. Okay?"

Jisung slowly chews again. Nods.

Minho smiles. Watches him go back to eating. Jisung takes little bites. Fills his cheeks. Chews. Takes a sip from his milk. Goes back to his bagel.

Jisung empties his glass when he's finishes.

"Sungie... how about we go out sometime today?"

"To walk?!" Jisung says. Excitedly. He jumps out of his seat. Then looks out the window. "When it's dark?"

"No, let's go buy you some snacks later," Minho says.

He wants him to see more of the world.

"Snacks? Cookies? Chips? To get things like on the TV?"

"Yeah, sure. You can see and choose."

Jisung's eyes twinkle like stars. He's adorable.

- - -

- - - - - -

Minho finishes as many scenes as he can. It's past noon when he pauses.

Jisung's sitting on the other side of him. He's looking through a volume. His cheeks were blushing before. But now he's just pouting.

He must be getting hungry. Or confused. About what he's reading. He's being patient for Minho, though. He's been quiet the whole time. Not asking anything. Not coming close to cuddle.

He lets Minho work in peace.

Minho feels such strong love for him.

"Sungie...?" He calls.

The other's head snaps up. "Yeah!"

Minho smiles. "Should we go, then?"

Jisung leaves his book on the table. Jumps to his feet. "Okay! But are you done? Did you do all your work? Are you caught up?"

"I need to draw a few more pages, but I need a break. My hand will hurt if I keep going." Minho gets to his feet. "Let's have something for lunch and get you those snacks.

Jisung comes around to him. He holds his hand. Strokes it. "Okay. A break is important. You can't hurt your hand." Jisung kisses it. Hugs it to his chest. "I can make lunch so you don't have to use your hand!"

"You're so sweet," Minho says. "It'll be okay, but you can help."

"Yes, I want to!"

Minho leans in to kiss him. Jisung responds to it instantly. With a little bounce. He holds Minho's face. Makes their kiss longer.