ten

The next day, Minho has too much work.

He spends hours perfecting his coloring. He doesn't have a note for Jisung. But he falls asleep on the couch.

He tells himself that Jisung should know by now, anyway. That he should wake him from his sleep, and then they can eat together.

When he's woken up by Jisung... He frowns at the time.

He sits up quickly. He is worried.

"Jisung... isn't it a little late?" He says. "Weren't you waking up earlier recently? What happened?" Is it possible the mannequin goes backwards? To being a full mannequin all the time again?

Jisung shakes his head. He's holding something behind his back.

"Jisung."

"No!"

Minho groans. "You're supposed to wake me! Why are you reading?"

"B-But I learned something very good! It helped me understand you!"

"You're supposed to take this time to eat!"

"I have time! I will eat! With you! Right now!"

Minho crosses his arms. "But before that, show me what you're reading first. What did you learn?"

Jisung shifts uncomfortably. He gulps. He slowly pulls the book out.

Minho hid this one in the back! How did he find it?

"No! Listen!" Jisung says. "I... I learned something important." He opens the page to the middle. "If someone doesn't want you to kiss them, and you kiss them, it can be very bad! Look, he's crying!"

Oh. Yes. Minho remembers this part. The page holds a drawing of a boy. He's being forcibly kissed by some jerk.

"So... Minho, I'm very sorry for kissing you... I didn't mean to hurt you..."

Minho sighs. The mannequin is tearful.

"What makes you think you hurt me?"

Jisung sniffles. "I didn't ask. I just did it because I wanted to. And you only kissed me when I asked you to. People are supposed to kiss if both of them like it and both of them want it. I'm so sorry..."

Minho's heart squeezes. He slowly pulls Jisung gently into a hug.

"Didn't I tell you I don't mind at first? Then I told you I like it?"

"B-But maybe you were scared of me, and you just felt threatened to do so... Or maybe you're too nice..." Jisung mumbles.

Minho chuckles. Strokes his back. "I'm not scared of you. I do like it when you kiss me. I try not to kiss you because I don't know if you want it... or if you'd want it if you knew yourself more..."

Jisung pulls back. He looks puzzled. "What does that mean?"

"You don't remember very much, Jisung," he explains. "It doesn't feel right to me because you're not completely aware yet."

"I don't know what you are... or were... So I don't want to take advantage of you not knowing. What if you remember everything and then find you hate it? And think I used you? Do you understand?"

The mannequin shakes its head. Blinks slowly.

Minho smiles. He pulls Jisung's face a little. Places a soft kiss on his forehead. He almost melts at the mannequin's adorable expression.

"Let's go eat now, okay? We can talk about this another day."

To be continued...