one hundred three

Jisung comes home. He keeps his eyes down.

Hyunjin smiles at Minho. It's one of his reassuring smiles. He has an arm around Jisung. But Minho's suddenly reminded of... the day Jisung accidentally did magic. Outside.

He quickly tugs Jisung close. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

The signs of tears are there. A bit more clear than last time. But Jisung puts on the same smile.

"I'm okay!" He pecks Minho's lip. "Did you have a productive day?"

Minho looks at Hyunjin. His heart's beating in panic.

"What happened? Tell me— we can fix it, right? It can't have been anything big, I mean, no one would suspect anything—"

"What... are you talking about?" Jisung asks.

"Minho thinks you did magic," Hyunjin says.

Jisung gasps. Suddenly hugs Minho tightly. "No! I didn't do magic! I know I shouldn't do magic and I always stay with Hyunjin and Mama Hwang so they also make sure nothing happens!"

Minho takes a relieved breath. He peers at Jisung's face.

"Okay, then what is it? You cried..." He says. "What's wrong? 

"Oh, uh, n-nothing, really!"

"Yeah, Jisung's right! Everything's fine—"

"Hyunjin." Minho says. There's slight tension in his voice. "You know I hate it when people hide stuff from me."

"I know. It's just that— Fine. Promise you won't get mad."

Minho throws him a sour look. "It depends."

Hyunjin takes a deep breath. "Okay... So, like— Please let us throw you a birthday party this year!"

"Oh. So that was what all this was about?"

Minho ponders for a moment. He has his arms crossed.

"Why is it so important to celebrate? You know I don't like parties."

Jisung hugs his arm. "Buuut... Minho, I want you to have a party! It's your 25th birthday, pleeaase!" He whines.

Hyunjin sighs. He knows Minho doesn't like parties.

That is because they remind him of his parents who threw him an amazing birthday party twelve years ago. 

His parents were on their way home from picking up the cake they ordered, when they got into a car accident that ended their lives. 

Minho found out about the news hours later.

It was a birthday and goodbye party at the same time. And from that day onwards, Minho hated parties.

"Minho, don't you think it's time to forget the past and live the present? I know it was hard for you. I was there with you in those moments, and I know the pain you went through after that." Hyunjin says.

"Yeah..." Jisung sniffs. His eyes get teary. "Hyunjin told me all about it... a-and I think you should move on, too. You were the one who told me to focus on the present, and not the past. But you..."

Minho wipes away the tears in Jisung's eyes. "Thank you... I know both your intentions are good and all but... I don't know what to say."

"You just have to say yes and we'll do the rest!" Jisung says. "You don't have to worry because we will make you the most amazing birthday party ever, I promise! Don't you trust us?"

"What? Of course, I do."

"Then... please say yes? I only want you to be happy... nothing bad can happen at your party anymore! I will always be here for you!"

Jisung's trying to convince Minho through his eyes.

Minho knew that what he was saying was true. But the idea of having a birthday party after so many years was still in debate.

Jisung sees how much Minho's thinking about what decision he should make from the way he's frowning his eyebrows.

"I— Okay... Fine... Yes..." Minho finally says.

Jisung hugs him once more. "Yayyy! Thank you!" He kisses him. Once. Then twice. Then thrice. "We'll do our best! I love you, Minho!"

"You only love me when I say yes..." He looks at Jisung playfully this time and laughs a little. "But... thank you, Jisung. And Hyunjin."

To be continued...

It's been a month since I last updated this, damn.

This chapter was kinda rushed cuz it's literally 12am right now and I'm supposed to be sleeping cuz I still have classes tomorrow lol.