thirty-one

Minho wipes Jisung's cheeks. Joins their lips again. To stop him from crying. He wants to give him all the kisses he loves to receive.

But Jisung continues taking short breaths in between kisses. His tears flow. Minho moves him. Makes him lie beside him.

"I'm sorry," Jisung gasps. He sniffles. Sobs harder. "N-No one has said that to me... No one has ever told me they love me..."

Minho gives him another kiss. Some part of him is glad. That no one has said it to Jisung. If someone else had said it then...

He probably wouldn't have him here now.

"I'll say it every day to you, Jisung."

"I'm sorry I hurt you," Jisung says. "A-And made you angry and sad..."

"Baby, no, I wasn't angry. I was just worried about you doing things you didn't want— I'm sorry I reacted like that..."

Minho wipes his own face. Strokes the back of Jisung's head. His heart's squeezing. He keeps kissing him again. Feeling so sorry.

"I-I got so scared..." Jisung murmurs. "I thought you didn't want me... I didn't want to hear you say... that you hate me..."

"Never," Minho says. His throat gets tight. "I could never. It was an accident. I'm sorry. If you want to do anything to me, with me, you can."

The other pauses. Sniffs. Blinks. Looks at him. "What do you mean? There's no way, I mean... I-I'm not going to kick you..."

Minho both laughs and tears up at the same time... At the fact that Jisung would think he's suggesting he kick him.

So he does remember. With the details. That he was kicked. Not pushed or shoved. But kicked. And he doesn't want to kick Minho back.

He holds Jisung's cheeks. Kisses his lovely mouth some more.

"I didn't mean that," he says. "I meant... that thing you wanted to do... from what you learned in the book you were reading..."

Jisung's tearful eyes become round. His cheeks go pink. Then he pouts. "I d-don't know how to do that..." He mumbles.

Minho thinks his chest will burst. From hurt. From love. He smiles. Pulls the other close again. Hugs him tightly.

Oh, he's so precious. He missed him. Missed him too much.

"That's okay, then," Minho says. "Anything you don't know, I can teach you, okay? You tell me what you want to do, and I'll help you with it."

"R-Really?" Jisung beams. His eyes shine.

"Yes," Minho says. Kisses Jisung's nose. "We'll do it slowly, okay? One step at a time. You stay with me and we'll get to everything you want to learn, and everything you want to do."

Jisung whimpers. Hugs Minho. Cries into his chest. They hold each other again. For the second time that day. They sniffle quietly.

Minho wants to tell him about Hyunjin. About his grandma. Wants to ask about Jisung's memories some more.

But not now. He's too focused on Jisung's warmth in his arms. His softness. The fact that he's alive. Breathing.

Minho's eyes close. Sleep is about to take him.

But he's still afraid... "Jisung?" He calls.

The other pulls back. Just enough to look at him. Minho feels a loss. He snuggles closer again. Into Jisung's neck. "Sungie, I'm falling asleep..."

"Oh, then sleep. You have to sleep."

"But I want to talk with you... spend some time with you."

"There's tomorrow, right? So please sleep, baby."

"Okay... you too then, but..." It's jut Minho's fear keeping him awake. It just snaps him back out of sleep. "But... please don't go."

"Okay," Jisung answers. He pecks Minho's head. "I won't."

- - -

- - - - - -

Minho wakes up a few times. Suddenly jolts. Then he relaxes. Breathes more slowly. Because Jisung's still here. Right beside him.

"I'm here, Minho. I'm here," he whispers.

And with that, Minho lets his eyes close again.

When he wakes in the morning... it is because Jisung shakes him.

"Minho!" His voice is quivering. "Minho, I love you too. I love you and want to love you for all your life, too!"

Minho sits up. Lets Jisung hug him tightly. Then he frowns.

The other has burst into tears.

"Jisung... did you remember something?"

To be continued...