ninety-three

Minho tries again. To tell himself. It's okay. It's good. For Jisung to spend time with the Hwangs. So that he can learn. Experience life. Love. From and with people that aren't him.

But Minho's a bit... uncomfortable.

Jisung's not in his sight. He's hiding something.

Minho's the one who had to figure everything out. About Jisung. With Jisung. To get to where they are right now.

So it's just a little upsetting. That there is something he's sharing with the Hwangs... but not with him.

It's obvious now. There's something going on there. Between the Hwangs and Jisung. Minho doesn't think he's... jealous in any way. Maybe he's just... slightly feeling left out.

It seems Hyunjin has asked Jisung to tell Minho. Jisung just... hasn't.

What sort of thing could it be? Why would he keep it from Minho?

- - -

- - - - - -

Minho returns home by half past one. He feels exhausted. but he drags himself to put everything away. Then he drops onto the sofa.

There's no sign of Jisung. No text. No call.

There's nothing from Hyunjin either.

Minho hopes they return soon.

Hours later. He jerks awake. The door's opened. There was a clatter. He turns to see Jisung stumbling in.

Hyunjin's behind him. Without Kkami.

"Oh," Minho says. Sits up with a grunt. "You're here—"

"Minho, I'm so sorry! I told them we couldn't be late but they kept saying it was okay, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be late—"

Jisung's halfway to tears. He's kneeling before Minho.

Minho quickly holds his face. "Heyy, it's okay! No need to cry— it's fine. You're not that late— what time is it, Hyunjin?"

"Umm, it's almost two thirty."

"Oh, that's not too bad," Minho says. He can't believe Jisung's crying. "Besides, Hyunjin's supposed to bring you on time. It's not your fault."

"B-But you can't be mad at him... he's just helping me..."

Minho chuckles. Looks up at Hyunjin. Who's amused too.

"I'm not mad at anyone. But thank for trying to be on time."

"Oh..." Jisung says. Breathes out. He turns back. To look at Hyunjin. The other gives him a small nod.

Minho frowns. There it is again.

"What's going on?" He says.

"O-Oh, no, n-nothing..." Jisung says. Quickly.

But Hyunjin sighs. Jisung abruptly gets to his feet. Clasps his hands. Nervously. He steps behind Hyunjin.

Minho's stunned. "What the— what's happening?"

Jisung doesn't answer. Instead he pushes his face into Hyunjin's back.

"Tell me," Minho says. Impatiently. "What's going on with you two?"

Hyunjin tries to pull Jisung from behind. But Jisung hides more.

Minho gets to his feet. "What's wrong, Jisung?"

He tries to pull him. See him. But Jisung jumps.

"I have to go the bathroom!" He yells. Runs.

Minho stares after him. He's speechless.

Hyunjin takes his arm. Sits him down. 

"We took Jisung to apply for an identification card," he says.

Minho's attention is immediately grabbed.

"Mom got his birth certificate registered," Hyunjin continues. He sits beside Minho. "And today we got his ID work finished. We put this as his residence so you'll receive it by next week."

Minho's heart skips. In joy. Then... sinks.

"Wait... b-birth certificate? Jisung... doesn't have anything..." He says. He sucks a breath. "Don't tell me... you forged it all?"

"Yeah. That was the difficult part... So Jisung took care of it."

To be continued...

Dun dun dun... The bad ending: Imprisonment

 The bad ending: Imprisonment