six

Minho keeps meeting his mannequin. It only stays alive for a short time. Conversations are also short.

But he is more excited everyday. For that little time. He gets to see the beautiful mannequin in motion. Alive. With its soft skin. Voice. Expressions. It's such an adorable being.

He has adjusted his own days. He tries to sleep in. Start work later. So that he can stay awake longer. But it has been the same. He falls asleep. The mannequin wakes him up.

He continues to write notes saying, 'please wake me up'.

He also makes sure there's plenty of food.

The way the mannequin's eyes shine at food... makes his heart full. So he prepares enough to make its tummy satisfied.

The mannequin remains interesting. It has little talk. It inquires about the different things Minho says or gives it.

It apologizes because it doesn't remember much.

Minho starts to notice, too. That it stays alive longer. He's been timing it. Since the time the mannequin wakes him... to when it moves to its place. To turn frozen again.

Slowly, the mannequin's greetings change.

It has bigger smiles. Less hesitancy. Less fear.

Minho adores every kiss that he receives.

- - -

- - - - - -

"This one is called... an avocado, right?" The mannequin asks.

It pulls out a slice from the sandwich.

"Yes, you're right!" Minho responds enthusiastically.

The mannequin nods, throws the piece on the plate, then makes a face.

"Yes. I remember. I hate it."

"You're quite a picky one, aren't you?"

Minho disappointedly eats it himself.

"I just don't like the texture of it." The mannequin says.

"Alright then, I won't put it in your sandwich next time."

- - -

- - - - - -

He sees the mannequin shiver one day. It takes a seat at the kitchen table. Its cute eyes remain on the food Minho spread out.

"Wait a minute," Minho says. He runs to grab a sweater from his closet.

The mannequin stands when Minho holds out the sweater.

It pushes its head out of the sweater's neckline. It smiles as Minho pulls it down. It wiggles its fingers out of the long sleeves.

"Is it warm?" Minho asks.

"Yes, it is. Thank you."