sixty-one

Jisung stays human for just under three hours.

Minho sees him. Day by day. He's starting to regain something.

Like before... it brings Jisung tears sometimes. Because he doesn't remember it fully. But the feelings that come with it overwhelm him.

It isn't easy. But Minho's patient. Determined. To help Jisung. To get him to remember him. To support and guide him through it.

This time... he hopes he can protect him. Hopes he can get secrets out of him before they can lead him... to wander the streets... alone...

Minho continues his work. He's gone back to the same routine. He gets everything out of the way at night. To be free for hours Jisung's alive.

Every time he leaves the house... he places some food. A note. Just in case Jisung turns alive earlier. If he changes... remembers...

Minho would need Jisung to know: He's loved. He's wanted.

He hopes for it. Hopes that Jisung does change. And remember. Because it would mean... Jisung has gone to his previous state. Like when he didn't need to turn back into a mannequin each time.

But every time Minho leaves a note... or food... it's untouched. Jisung turns back in the mornings. His time lengthens each day. But he reverts to his mannequin form. And it follows the same pattern.

Minho's more careful too. This time. To not unintentionally upset Jisung. Scare or hurt him. He doesn't want him to become a mannequin in sadness. So he reminds Jisung every day before he's turned into a mannequin: I'll see you tomorrow. I'll be waiting. I love you.

So far... everything has been okay...

- - -

- - - - - -

Minho has given Jisung a light romance comic.

And not less than a minute later... he gets a full-spread book shoved into his face. Luckily... it's just a kissing scene.

"This makes me feel..." Jisung stops. Pouts. Turns the book back to himself. Puts a hand on his chest. "I feel stuff. Here. W-Why?"

Minho hums. "Do you like the stuff you feel?"

Jisung pouts more. His eyes are on the page. Then up on Minho. Then on the page. His cheeks blush. His eyes flick up to Minho again.

Minho pats the space on the couch next to him. He hasn't been working anyway. He's just been watching Jisung. And texting his brother.

He keeps Felix updated about Jisung. Gives him as little information as possible. But he promises him of meeting soon.

Jisung sits beside him. He's left the book on the floor.

Minho puts his phone aside. His heart skips at Jisung's expression. "What is it? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Jisung nods. "Um... can I ask you something?"

Minho smiles. "Of course, you can."

Jisung's holding his own hands. Tightly. He glances at his lap. His ears are red. "Um... you said you love me..."

"Yes. I do love you. Very much."

Jisung looks up. Adorably happy. Then glances at his lap again. "A-And you say you already knew me... and I knew you..."

"Yes... Why? What are you thinking of right now?"

"N-Nothing... I just... feel like that too... that you knew me and I knew you and you loved me..." Jisung takes a breath. Looks up again. "So if you loved me before... um, did I love you too?"

Minho takes his hand. Holds it gently. "Yes, I believe so."

Jisung's eyes widen. They shine.

Minho brings his hand up to his lips. Kisses it.

Jisung's cheeks turn pink. "I... I like that," he whispers.

Minho smiles. He's more than glad to hear that.

"I think I like the stuff I feel. It feels like... good stuff. N-Not always though. Sometimes... it hurts. Here." He clutches his shirt. Over his chest. "But right now... I think it's good."

Minho can only kiss his hand.

Jisung inches closer. "Um... in the book... the two people loved each other. A-And... we loved each other... So, did we... um, kiss too?"

Minho's heart jumps. But also hurts. He touches Jisung's cheek.

"Yes, we did... You loved kissing."

Jisung gasps. "I... did? I feel like I would love it! When you say nice things to me and give me delicious food, I want to kiss you and say thank you but..." He swallows. His eyes tear up.

"B-But then for some reason... it becomes so tight... here..." He fists his shirt again. "W-Why's this happening? It hurts..."

A tear has slid down his cheek. Minho wipes it.

"Jisung, we spent a lot of time together. We had a lot of fun and you probably have many memories, waiting to come back to you. So you could be feeling hurt too, b-because... you don't have those memories and... all the feelings from the time we spent together..."

"D-Did I hurt you?" Jisung says. Appears fearful.

"Oh, no," Minho says. Cups his cheeks. Places a kiss on his forehead. "You didn't hurt me. You're..." He stops. Unsure of how much to say.

He breathes in. "You made me so happy. You make me happy right now. You also made others happy... like... Hyunjin, his mom, a-and... your Mama Haeun. They really miss you..."

Jisung's eyes are glassy. His parted lips close. He blinks. More tears fall. "Mama Haeun..." He repeats. "I don't remember... but it hurts..."

To be continued...

Hmm... who should I kill— kiss** in the next chapter?