fifty-fOive

"Minho? Minho? Did you hear what I just said?"

He looks up at Hyunjin. Because the latter has tilted his face up.

"Y-Yeah. No. Sorry... What were you saying?"

Hyunjin sits down. Puts his phone away. "That's okay. So mom has contacted a few officers. Close friends. They'll help us look for Jisung."

"Did you—" Minho stands. Hurries to his shelves. "You can show them m-my sketches. I have many portraits of him. P-Please, give them—"

Hyunjin pulls his arm. Brings him back to the couch again. "You showed them to me. I sent them all to mom. They know what he looks like and they know his name. That's enough for them to start somewhere."

Minho stares. He realizes. He had his sketchbook on the table. Yes. He showed them to Hyunjin. The previous night.

It's been... over twenty-four hours now...

"I have to go out and look for him again..." Minho whispers. "He doesn't know anything... He could get hurt!"

"Minho, you need to stay here now. Jisung could come back here."

Minho shakes his head. He's crying again. "I can't stay here waiting. It's cold out there. It's dark. He d-didn't even have dinner." Or breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. It's been a whole day. "He must be hungry..."

"Minho. I know you're worried. We all are. But we've got help now. You need to stay here. You have to get some rest and look after yourself..."

"No..." Minho says. Pushes Hyunjin away. "I must look for him—"

"And what if he comes here and you're out there?!"

"I'll... I'll write him a note. Oh, should I leave him food too—"

His head spins. He falls to the floor.

"Minho!" Hyunjin quickly assists him back up. He helps him to the couch. "This is what I mean! Please stay here. Please eat. Or I'm calling your brother! You can't help Jisung like this— stop!"

Hyunjin pushes him down again when he tries to come back up. "Minho. I'm serious. I'll take you to your brother if you don't stop. He'll watch you while I stay here to wait for Jisung. So make your choice."

Minho sobs. "I d-don't want to lose him... have I lost him? Forever?"

"Minho, no. We will find him. I know we will. Wait. Just a minute. I'm going to get you something to eat. Don't move."

Hyunjin steps away. Towards the kitchen. Minho stares up. Sniffles.

Did Jisung get worse? Is it because Minho... gave up on holding back? Because Minho kissed him? Told him he loved him?

It wasn't that different than all the other times. Why did this happen now? Jisung gets into that state... when he's in a deep sleep. He was just napping then. So why? What made it happen?

Is Minho supposed to force himself to stop? Completely?

Can't he love Jisung anymore?

But wouldn't he turn into a mannequin?

Minho gasps. Sits up. "Hyunjin!"

"It was just the microwave!" Hyunjin says. Runs back. He tries to push Minho down. "It's not the door!"

Minho takes his arm. "Hyunjin! We have to tell someone! Jisung. He's... what if he turns into a mannequin? W-When he's scared or... he thinks someone will hurt him... or doesn't want him?"

Hyunjin's eyes go wide. "Oh..."

- - -

- - - - - -

Minho's forcing himself to eat. To stay calm. He's listening to Hyunjin explain things to his mother.

'Jisung might be a mannequin. Somewhere.'

Hyunjin sounds impatient. His mother doesn't believe him...

'No, of course not, mom. You don't tell them he's a mannequin, but— mom, I'm saying if they could ask around and give the information to you. To us. So we could go to those locations.'

'I understand your confusion, mom, but he really can turn into a mannequin and we can't let anyone else get him—so just tell them to tell you what they find, please?'

Minho forces his bite down. Gulps water. It feels stuck. He gets up. His eyes are filling with tears again.

"Hyunjin..." He says. Pulls the other's sleeve. "I have to go look for him.

Hyunjin throws him an angry look. He ends the call. His lips are tight.

"Minho... I don't need to be worrying about you more than I already am. Please, just stay here. I'll go around with mom and look for Jisung, I promise. I care about him too and we will find him." He holds Minho's shoulders. "So you must stay here because—"

"No! If he could come back here by himself, he already would've!"

Hyunjin inhales slowly. His eyes close briefly. Then he opens them.

"Fine. I'll stay here and you can go around looking with mom?"

Minho breathes out. Nods. Sniffles. "Okay. Thanks..."

To be continued...

Happy New Year everyone! I love y'all <3

Cheers to more upcoming angst! ^^