ninety-two

As Minho's getting dressed... putting his things together... he can hear Jisung. In the kitchen. He's washing their dishes.

Minho wants to talk to him properly. But right now he needs to focus. Make sure he doesn't forget anything.

It's been long. Since he's met his editor.

Minho knows she'll be pissed. If he cancels their meeting.

He grabs his laptop. His charger. His sketchbooks. All the rough work he's done so far. Jisung passes by him silently. Smiles at him. Then cutely tiptoes away.

Minho double-checks if he has everything that his editor requested. He places his bag on the couch. Goes after Jisung.

Did he want to say something? Ask him something?

Before he could even call him, Jisung comes out of the bathroom. He has changed... into dark pants and a shirt.

Minho's formal shirt to be exact.

"O-Oh, um... sorry, is— is this okay? Can I wear this?"

"Of course," Minho says. Steps to him. Smooths the shirt. His hair. Fixes his collar. "But why are you wearing this?"

"Oh, because I was thinking about how... when people go to important places and take important pictures, they're wearing a shirt like this... like you are now..."

"Yeah?" Minho smiles. "The Hwangs' home is a place like that?"

Jisung blinks. Startled. He shakes his head. But then nods.

Minho looks into his eyes. Holds his waist.

Jisung's smile is... nervous. Again.

"Is everything okay? You know you can always talk to me, right?"

"O-Oh, yeah," Jisung says. Nods. "I love talking to you..."

Minho chuckles. Pecks his lips. "Not just talking to me, Jisung. I mean... tell me whatever you need to. Have you been okay?"

"Yeah! I've been great... Have you b-been okay?"

"Yes. But I do feel bad when I can't spend time with you..."

Jisung smiles. "It's okay! Your work is important and I love you!"

Minho coos. Kisses him sweetly. Holds his gaze.

"How are your memories?" He asks. "Anything new?"

"N-No..." Jisung says. Shakes his head. "No, I'm okay now."

Minho lifts his chin. To make eye contact. "Sure?"

There's a flicker of hesitation. A breath.

Jisung quickly hugs him. Hides his face.

"Minho... I love you so much... I just... I want to love you forever and I want you to love me forever too..."

"I love you too..." Minho says. He's concerned. Jisung sounds emotional. "What's wrong? Why are you sad? If you're okay now and your memories are all there, what's worrying you?"

"I'm sorry," he mumbles.

"About what?" Minho says. Jisung just blinks tearfully. Pouts. So Minho pecks his lips. "Hey, Sungie? I wanted to ask you how well you feel so we can visit my brother."

Jisung looks up. Gasps. His eyes get bigger. "Y-Your brother? Oh, oh, oh!" He bounces on his toes. "I can go?"

"Yes, he wanted to see you for so long now. I had told him you weren't feeling well, so... if you're okay now... then I can tell him..."

Jisung nods. Then stops. He appears so sorry.

"I w-want to go... but can I tell you, um, next week?"

"Oh, of course," Minho says. He's back to being confused. Concerned. "Tell me whenever you're ready, okay? I'll know what I need to do for work by next week too, so that's totally fine."

Jisung exhales. Smiles. "Okay."

Minho pulls him close again. Meets his pretty lips.

They're soon interrupted by the door. Jisung gasps. Hurries away.

Hyunjin has arrived with Kkami again. The dog's already growling. Minho notices it once more. The silent communication. Between Hyunjin and Jisung.

"Minho has a very important meeting today with his editor for work!" Jisung suddenly says. He steps back to hug Minho's arm.

"Oh, I see," Hyunjin says. "Well, it's good I'm here then, right?"

"Right!" Jisung says. He beams.

When Jisung's putting on his shoes... Minho touches Hyunjin's elbow. Tugs him beside himself. Whispers, "What's going on?"

Hyunjin smiles. His dimples show. "Nothing you should be too worried about. I've asked him to tell you soon."

"Tell me?" Minho says. "Tell me what?"

"It's not something to worry about—"

"Hyunjin!" Jisung says. Loudly. It causes Kkami to bark. He instantly grabs Hyunjin's arm. Pulls him. "Minho has to work! He has to go to his important meeting, so we have to go!"

"Okay." Hyunjin laughs. "Bye, Minho! I'll bring him back before evening."

"Evening? That's— why so late? I thought it was just for lunch?"

"Oh..." Hyunjin stops. "Uh, then he'll be back by... three?"

Minho purses his lips. Crosses his arms.

"Two?" Jisung says. There's a guilty look in his eyes.

"Fine. Just please don't be late. I'm sorry, you know I worry..."

Jisung lets the door go. Rushes to hug him tightly.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, I won't be late again. I'm sorry."

"Alright," Minho says. Sighs. "It's okay. Have fun."

To be continued...