sixty-two

Jisung's getting more curious each day.

Minho tries not to say much. 

"W-Why did I forget everything?"

Minho can't answer. So he smiles. "I'm not sure..."

"Did I do something bad?"

"No. Absolutely not."

"Did someone else do something bad to me?"

Minho's reluctant. "Sorry... I don't know..."

"I don't think you would do anything bad to me," Jisung says. "You're good. Maybe I did something bad to someone else? So they hurt me?"

Minho shakes his head. Why is Jisung thinking this way?

"No, Sungie... I think you remembered something from the past. Maybe it hurt too much. And you also had no one with you. Maybe it was all too much... remembering that. Being alone. So... you turned into a mannequin... and you forgot everything painful..."

Jisung's quiet. He seems deeply shocked. Saddened.

"B-But don't worry about that now," Minho says. Places a kiss on his cheek. "Just be yourself. Enjoy your time—"

"What if it happens again?" Jisung whispers.

Minho's eyes blur. From tears. He can't stop it anymore.

Jisung wipes his cheeks. Touches his face. 

There's concern in his eyes. "D-Don't cry... please..."

Minho smiles through his tears.

"I'm sorry." He thumbs Jisung's tears away too. "I don't know if you'll be hurt by your memories again. I don't understand everything about you... about why you turn mannequin and all that is in your past."

"But I will help you... I'll do better this time. I want you with me. If... that starts happening to you again... I'll make sure you're never alone—"

"H-How did I become alone in the first place?"

"You didn't know what you were doing and got lost..."

Jisung clutches his shirt. "Where did I leave to?"

Minho closes his eyes. He hugs him closer.

"I'm sorry... let's not talk about this anymore today. I just want you to remember that I love you, okay? I don't want you gone from my life..."

Jisung's head is against Minho's shoulder.

"Okay..." He says. "Um, thank you..." His fingertips touch Minho's face. His eyes dart to his mouth. "Um, do you know why I want to kiss you... when I want to thank you? You said I used to do that..."

"Oh, yes, you picked it up from a book. You thought you have to kiss someone to thank them."

"So I don't have to kiss someone to thank them?"

Minho chuckles. He's feeling the exciting tingles. Jisung's this close. Staring longingly at him. At his lips. Oh, he's being adorable.

"You don't. But it's different if you love someone and they love you. You can probably kiss them if you want to."

"W-What if they don't want to?"

"Then you wouldn't. But maybe you can ask first."

Jisung sucks in a breath. "Can I... or um, do you want me to kiss you?"

Minho leans closer. "Yes, if you want to."

"I want to! I want to! I really want—"

Minho kisses his pretty lips. He feels engulfed. By all the emotions. His heart's racing. He's missed these plump lips.

It's a short kiss. Minho separates. Smiles at Jisung's closed eyes...

They flutter open. They're pretty. Jisung's cheeks blush.

Minho pecks his lips once more. Then again.

Jisung gasps. Holds his face this time. Presses a kiss back.

Minho laughs quietly. Only to be interrupted.

Jisung's lips are on his again.

Minho holds him away. "It's almost time for you to turn back."

Jisung's unhappy. He carefully stands. Minho gets to his feet too.

"When do I stop turning into a mannequin? I want more time with you."

Minho simply smiles. "Soon, I hope..."

"Me too," Jisung mumbles. "Then I can kiss you more. I would kiss you sooo much! I-I mean, because I need to thank you soo much!"

Minho chuckles. He walks Jisung to his room. Leads him to the chair beside his bed. He thought it was better than the stand.

Jisung sits down. He's pouting again. Minho kisses his head. His lips. One more time. He holds his cheeks.

"I'll be waiting for your thanks and your kisses then, okay?"

"Okay," Jisung says. Smiles cutely. "Thank you, Minho."

Minho bends down. Kisses him. Just... once more.

When he parts... Jisung's cheeks have become hard. His eyes are closed. A little smile is on his beautiful lips.

Minho steps back. Inhales. Deeply.

He swallows the lump in his throat. Rubs his eyes.

Soon. Jisung's getting there.

It makes Minho happy... and very scared.

To be continued...

I was just kidding guys. No one's dying. Didn't I promise at the start that no deaths are going to happen? (I'm so kind <3)