sixty-six

Minho's still sitting in the kitchen. Thinking. Worried.

But... he's also feeling angry.

It's not right. Almost two centuries? What the fuck?

A sound alerts him to the time. He gets up. Rushes to the bedroom.

Jisung's up. Panicked. He's in the middle of the room.

"Hey..." Minho steps closer to him. Touches his arms.

Jisung begins to cry. "Minho..."

"I'm sorry, I should've been beside you when you woke up. I'll always be here. D-Did you have any bad dreams?"

"Dreams?" Jisung breathes shakily. "N-No... I remember you..."

Minho cups his tearful face. "That's good, right?"

"B-But I forgot you..." He says. "I forgot you— Why did I... how could I...?"

"You didn't choose to forget me, okay?"

Jisung tries to stop his crying. Minho hugs him. Gently.

"It's okay, Jisung..." He soothes. Carefully he asks, "Do you remember what exactly happened? Leaving... and how you came to forget...?"

Jisung tears up more at hearing that. He shakes his head. Seems afraid. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry, don't hate me—"

"No," Minho says. Feels tearful too. He pecks Jisung's head softly.

"Why would I hate you? It's okay. This is okay. You remember you love me, and you remember who I am, and you're here. That's what matters— Hey, aren't you hungry? Do you want food?"

Jisung nods immediately. It makes Minho smile.

He kisses Jisung again. "Good, let's eat then."

- - -

- - - - - -

Minho wants to talk. Wants to get more out of Jisung. But he needs to keep him calm. Content. Feeling safe.

Jisung's got a lot confusing him.

It must be the remembrance of Minho. All the memories he's gotten. The feelings that came with them. His eyes still shift around. He's anxious. Sensitive. Lost. Uncertain.

So Minho guides him. Through his routine. To get back to normal. To okay. To hopefully the same as before.

"You remember this one?" Minho says. Holds out a yellow shirt.

Jisung's gotten out of the shower. He's wrapped in a giant fluffy bath towel. His eyes go bright. He nods. Giggles. Minho's smiling. He hands him the pants. Turns away.

"I'm done!" Jisung says. Less than a minute later.

Minho turns back. He dries Jisung's hair with the towel. Puts the shirt over his head. Minho's heart feels like bursting.

"You smell like flowers," he murmurs. Sniffs Jisung's damp hair.

"No, it's not flowers! It's cherry! The shower gel!"