eight

"So, is that mannequin useful to you in any way?"

"Y-Yes, Hyunjin! He's perfect for so many things."

"I thought it would help you with... anatomy?"

"I-It does! Great for some realism too. I've sketched and painted him countless times. Thank you."

"Him?" Hyunjin laughs. "You're not scared of it anymore, then?"

"I was never scared!"

He finishes the call to see Jisung. He's at the table. His chin's in his hands. The bowl of ramen's untouched. He's waiting for him.

"Sorry, Jisung!" You can start without me!"

Jisung shakes his head. "I like to see you eating."

Minho holds back. From rushing over to kiss him.

He sits across from him. "I like to see you eating too," he says, and then smiles. "Alright. I'm here. Eat."

Jisung nods excitedly. He almost wiggles in his seat.

His eyes shine at the ramen.

Minho eats slowly. He doesn't eat ramen that much.

And also, he already had dinner. But Jisung's been waking up earlier. And he's been flipping through books again.

Minho hid the ones with too much adult content.

He moved them to the back of the bookshelves.

Jisung had learnt something good last week: Eating together. So now he asks Minho to eat with him. 

Minho simply cannot refuse. He's now used to not asking the mannequin too much. 

Jisung moans contently. He looks up from slurping his noodles. His mouth's stuffed. His cheeks are full. He's chewing quickly.

Then he lifts his bowl to drink the soup.

"Minho, why aren't you eating?"

"I'm watching you eat!" He laughs.

Jisung frowns. "I don't think that's how this is supposed to work."

Minho's face hurts from smiling. "Eat. Just eat. Don't mind me. I have all the time to eat, but you don't."

Jisung nods. Starts sucking ramen into his mouth again. When the bowl's empty... he licks his lips. Stares at Minho's still full bowl.

Minho pushes it towards him. "You can have it."

"T-Thanks..." Jisung's smile is beautiful. It makes Minho's heart hurt.

To be continued...