fourteen

Minho falls asleep on the couch again. He wakes up when he hears his alarm going off. He looks at his mannequin.

It's still the same. Still a mannequin.

He gently kisses its head. Then moves to go shower. He has to try and work today. His editor will ask about his progress.

He hopes the mannequin will turn human tonight. He tries not to think of it... not turning human. It makes a lump appear in his throat.

He gets through a few sketches. Disinterested. His head keeps turning to the mannequin. Every couple seconds.

"I'll let you read all the books you want, Jisung," he says. "Even all the shitty ones I make. If you want to read them, do it."

He stops lining. Looks at Jisung. The sunlight's falling on his head. From the windows behind. "Beautiful," he murmurs.

He pushes away his work. Pulls his sketchbook closer. Flips to a new page. His eyes stay on the creature. He draws. Softly and gently.

When he's done, he places his drawing down and kisses the mannequin.

Minho should've expected it. With the way he'd drawn, his editor boasted and said she can do better. So he has to work through it again.

He heads back home. The sun is setting. He wonders how the mannequin will look in this faint gold and dark blue. Since it's sitting now. Instead of standing.

Minho sighs and walks into his place.

He sets his bag down. Flicks on the light. Then stares.

Jisung is sitting on the ground. Below the couch. The sketchbook with his drawing is in front of him. His big eyes are on Minho.

"Hi," he says softly. There's hesitation on his face.

Minho runs. Drops in front of him. Hugs him tightly.

"Jisung! Oh Sungie, I'm so happy to see you!"

He pulls away. Looks into his face. Cups his cheeks.

They're soft. Warm. Minho tears up.

"S-Sungie?" Jisung says.

Minho smiles. Kisses his forehead. Looks into his adorable eyes. "You're early today." His heart squeezes. His throat tightens. "B-But you didn't turn human yesterday. Why?"

His heart hurts even more. Because Jisung tears up too.

"Y-You wanted to see me?"

"Of course I did!" Minho says. He sits back. Takes his hands. "Of course. Why would you think I don't want to see you?"

Jisung looks down. His beautiful lips are held in a sad pout. "I was... scared... because I don't understand. I don't know. Maybe I made you run away. I... scared you."

"What?" Minho says. He touches his chin. Lifts his face up. "Of course you didn't! Haven't I told you there's nothing scary about you?"

"B-But..." Jisung sniffles. "Then why didn't you come back?"

Minho gulps. "I'm sorry. It... had nothing to do with... not wanting to see you. I swear. It's just, uh, no, nevermind."

Jisung wipes his tears away. "Okay."

Minho knows he is still hurt. 

"Jisung, you didn't eat the cake. Why?"

"I'm sorry... I felt so strange. So bad. And scared. I don't know why but... it made me... not feel like eating. I'm sorry—"

Minho hugs him again. He must have made him so anxious. He kisses his cheek. Looks into his eyes. The mannequin blinks. Then his eyes drop to Minho's lips. He blinks away. His cheeks turn red.

So, Jisung... really likes him then?

He felt upset because Minho wasn't there. He lost appetite. Then got so nervous over the thought of kissing? He worried that he did something wrong to make Minho not want to see him again!

Minho's chest tightens. He is the only person the mannequin knows now. The only one he sees. The only one he gets to spend time with. Get his love from. So, of course... Jisung would fall for him.

"Jisung." He holds his chin. "Do you still want to kiss me?"

The mannequin's eyes widen. His cheeks turn bright pink.

He nods eagerly. "Yes. I want to."

Cute. So fucking cute.

Minho kisses his lips. Gently. He just presses his lips over his. A few times. To feel them. They are soft. So soft.

He pulls away. Smiles at Jisung. The other's eyes flutter open.

Jisung looks too lovely. Minho tilts his chin. Kisses him again. This time, he captures his lips between his own. Moves against them. Slowly.

Jisung's hands grip his arms. And then the mannequin's kissing him back. It feels so wonderful.

He moves closer to Jisung. Lets the mannequin lean against the couch.

His face feels perfect in his hands.

His lips... are like they're made to be kissed. Minho lightly takes his bottom lip. Sucks on it. Kisses it. Before he parts.

The mannequin's panting softly.

His cheeks are beautiful. His eyes are misty. He releases Minho's arms. Touches his face. His eyes stay on his lips.

"Um, Jisung? Was that okay?" Minho asks.

"Yeah... I liked that... thank you..."

Minho pecks his lips again. Beautiful. And too cute

But then Jisung makes his heart pound. The mannequin grabs his shirt. Pulls him to his body. "More?" He whispers. "Please, Minho?"

To be continued...