forty-two

Minho works on the coffee table. He's going through his email. His chapters. He manages to get a lot done.

It's good that he can stay busy. Because he keeps wanting to check on Jisung. But that might wake the other.

Jisung shuffles out at noon. He's confused. Sleepy.

Minho's heart swells with love. He holds out his hand. Jisung smiles. Hurries to him. Sits beside him on the floor. Hugs his waist.

"How are you feeling now? Did you sleep well?"

Jisung glances up. Smiles. Shyly. "I'm okay. How about you?"

"I'm great. But Jisung, are you really feeling better? You're not sick, are you? How come you were so sleepy?"

"I don't know," Jisung says. "Maybe because I woke up early?"

Minho remembers: he was sitting on the bed then.

"Jisung... what were you saying before? That you can't remember something? In your mind?"

Jisung nods. "I still feel like that..."

Minho hums. "What if you just had a dream?"

"I don't dream about... that day again... with Mr. Hwang..."

"I'm glad. But those were nightmares, right? They were bad dreams that made it scary for you to sleep. You can have good dreams too."

"Sometimes we remember them and sometimes we don't. Sometimes it's annoying because it makes us feel strange, like we saw something or forgot something that happened, but it's just a dream."

Jisung's listening. His eyes are wide.

"Oh... do you have dreams, Minho? Good ones?"

"Yes. But I only remember some."

"Like what?" Jisung says. Seems very interested.

What pops in Minho's head though... are the dreams he used to have. Before. Of Jisung sprawled on the bed. Or half naked in his lap. Or he's got his pretty head between his thighs

Minho shakes his head. "Uh... Um, I had this one dream... where uh, I was a soccer player. I was really good."

"Oh... Minho, are you okay?" Jisung says. Touches his face. "Your neck got red. And your ears. Are— are you sick, Minho?"

That's embarrassing. Minho takes his hand. Kisses it.

"No, I'm okay, Jisung."

"Do you have to go to the bathroom?"

"Oh, uh, n-no! Jisung, aren't you hungry?"

"I am... I missed breakfast..."

Minho laughs. "Okay, let's go have lunch."

Jisung helps him. That's usual now. He obediently waits for instructions. Does things exactly like Minho tells him.