thirty-three

Minho only had four good strawberries. The container was from last week. Several had gone bad. Jisung had excitedly eaten the four anyway. Then he gasped. Claimed he needed a bath.

Before he disappeared into the bathroom... he said to Minho:

"If you think I should see her, then I will do that. I trust you."

Minho felt so proud. So glad.

He soon returns to his room. He's finished with his necessary calls. He spoke to Hyunjin too. Asking him if it would be alright for Jisung... the mannequin... to go visit his grandma.

Hyunjin agreed to his request. He sounded reluctant. Still dubious. But he said yes in the end. They'll decide on a proper time and day later.

"Jisung?" He stops. He sees Jisung on the bed. He has fallen asleep. Minho's surprised. He breathes a quiet sigh.

When Jisung woke him... Minho knew he hadn't slept much. He was afraid Jisung was still struggling. That he was unable to sleep due to nightmares. But seeing him sleeping like this is good.

Minho kneels beside the bed. Smiles.

Jisung looks peaceful. His breathing's steady. He's hugging pillows. There's one between his arms. One between his knees. His cheeks look soft. His lips are pouty as usual.

Minho wants to leave a kiss on his nose. On his lips. He wants to stroke his hair... But he shouldn't wake him though.

Minho stares for a while. Then gets to his feet. Leaves the bedroom... To come back in a few minutes. He wants to let Jisung sleep.

It's just... he's still not completely over what happened. He keeps getting flashes of Jisung in a corner. With those fearful eyes and cold, hard skin.

- - -

- - - - - -

Jisung stirs awake hous later. He makes quiet sounds. Minho pauses.

The other sits up. Blinks at where Minho's sitting. Beside the bed. His big sketchbook's on his lap. "Are you... drawing me?" Jisung asks.

Minho chuckles. He's so cute saying that. He's got bed hair. Bleary eyes. "I wanted to... but I've fallen behind, so I'm actually working..."

"Oh..." Jisung says. Blushes in embarrassment.

"I'll draw you once I've caught up, okay?"

"N-No, you've drawn me many times..."

Minho smiles. He closes his sketchbook. Puts his work to the side. Gets up to sit on the bed. To be closer to him. "Did you sleep well?"

Jisung nods. Minho kisses his cheek. "I hope I didn't wake you up..."

"I don't think so," Jisung says. "Why were you doing your work here?"

"Oh... I couldn't leave you... I'm sorry..."

Jisung's eyes widen. "D-Did you think I'd turn into a mannequin and stay like that again?"