fifty-seven

Minho sits in front of Jisung. Every single day. He does not leave him. Except for short minutes. To get things. To grab food.

It's been over a week now since he's been found.

He brought Jisung in Mrs. Hwang's car. The woman couldn't believe it. But Minho paid her no mind then. Just told her to drive them home.

Minho carefully cleaned Jisung's hands. His feet. His hair. However much he could. He used a wet cloth.

There were tears in Jisung's clothes. A large rip's on the side of his shirt. But there were no signs of anything else.

Jisung's position is of someone scared. Protective of himself. But not defensive. He was not... in the midst of an attack.

That gave Minho the tiniest relief.

Jisung clearly ran. Hid. Then reverted to a mannequin.

It makes Minho tear up. Every time he thinks of it.  Jisung must've been so terrified. This experience would've hurt him even more.

- - -

- - - - - -

"I'm sorry, I can't..." Minho says. He's on the phone.

His brother has called. He's worried about Minho. Because he hasn't gone to see him. For too long now. Since he first got Jisung, actually...

"Are you okay, Minho? I'm really worried about you..."

"Yes. I'm okay." Minho takes a deep breath. "I'm taking care of someone very important to me right now... so I need to stay here..."

"Someone?" Felix says. With surprise. "I thought you were overworking yourself again— who is this someone? Why haven't you told me?"

Minho smiles. "His name is Jisung..."

"Jisung?" Felix says. His voice's happy. "You like him?"

"Yes... Very much... I love him..."

"Oh my god! I have to come to see you soon—"

"No, please. N-Not now. Not soon. He's sick... I'll bring him to see you when he's better. I promise."

"What's wrong with him?" Felix says in concern.

Minho bites his lip. Sniffles.

"Hey, what's wrong? Are you able to handle it? You're scaring mehow bad is it? Are you sure you don't need my help?"

"Don't worry. I can handle it, yeah." Minho says. "It'll be okay. He'll be fine. If I just stay with him and take care of him, he will be okay."

"Please tell me what I can do, Minho..."

"Thank you. But Hyunjin's helping me. His whole family is."

Felix sighs. "Okay, that's good... Please tell Hyunjin I said hello. I haven't seen him in so long. I miss him."

Minho laughs quietly. "Yeah, yeah. I will. And I promise, I'll keep you updated and I'll call you often. Goodbye, take care."