forty-nine

Minho wakes up to his phone alarm. It's only a few hours later.

He quickly silences it. Looks to his side.

Jisung's still in bed. Still in his arms.

Minho sighs. Quietly. Then he watches Jisung. 

He's breathing... Suddenly, Minho feels anxious.

He gently strokes JIsung's cheek.

Jisung's eyelids flutter open.

Minho smiles. In relief. "Sorry," he murmurs. "Go back to sleep."

He needed to make sure. That Jisung isn't in a state like yesterday again.

Jisung blinks. His eyelids seem heavy. Tired.

"What if I'm hungry?" He mumbles.

Minho laughs. "We can have breakfast. Do you want to?"

Jisung keeps blinking. "Yeah. Please."

Minho sits up. Pecks his cheek. "Then let's eat."

- - -

- - - - - -

Minho is dying to know. To ask Jisung more. He needs Jisung to tell him what's exactly going on. But he can't say anything...

He only watches Jisung again. Lets him eat.

Because... he wants him to stay like this. Happy and well. Away from any danger. Even the memories. Minho doesn't want him to have them back. If it means pain for Jisung.

"I made you sad again, didn't I?" Jisung says. Suddenly.

Minho's eyes tear up. He puts on a smile.

"It's okay now. You're here. As long as you're safe, it's okay. Please eat, Jisung. Don't think about anything now."

"I'm sorry," Jisung says. Sniffs. Wipes his cheeks. "I'm so sorry, Minho... you give me so much love, b-but I make you sad."

Minho gets up from his chair. Steps around to crouch beside Jisung.

"No, you don't. You give me happiness. I just... I don't want to lose you. So that scared me... But you're here again, and I'm okay."

Jisung nods. Blinks away his tears.

- - -

- - - - - -

Hyunjin calls Minho. He says his grandmother is too tired today. They can't bring her. He and his mother will drop by instead.

Minho asks Jisung. If he wants to see his Mama Haeun. At the Hwangs' residence. But he looks sad. Upset. He shakes his head. "No... sorry."

Minho knows... Jisung could be afraid of going outside ever since that incident... "It's okay," he says. "You need to feel better first."

Hyunjin and Mrs. Hwang bring them cookies. That puts a little smile on Jisung's face. Minho's so glad to see it. He feels thankful to the Hwangs.