twenty-six

warning: super gæ... my nævis we love you!

The mannequin's still crying later. He has quiet little gasps.

Minho dries his hair. "Did you hurt yourself in the bath?"

Jisung doesn't reply. He only wipes his tears.

He looks so sad. Tired. Frail.

Minho takes away the towel. Pecks his head. "Sleep time."

"N-No! I don't want to!"

"Sungie... You have to..."

"No... you can sleep ahead! I h-have work to do!"

"Work? What kind of... work?"

"I... um, have to wash the dishes!"

"They're done. Go to sleep."

"I h-have to wash your clothes!"

"No, you don't," Minho says. Pinches his cheek. "We have a washing machine for that, Jisung. Remember?"

"I... h-have to read more books!"

"That's not work."

"Y-Yes it is! Why's it work when you do it— ah!"

Minho has lifted him. "It's work when I do it because it's research." He puts the mannequin on the bed. Stares at him.

Jisung is pouting. He's clearly angry.

Minho would laugh... if his eyes weren't so red. So he turns off the lights. Slips into the bed. Pulls Jisung into his arms.

"Please sleep," he says. Strokes his back. "If you have nightmares, just open your eyes and wake me. If you can't wake up, I'll hear you."

"I'm right beside you and I'll wake you. I know you're scared, Sungie, but you saw yourself today. You can't go without sleep, okay?"

Jisung sniffles. "Okay..." He whispers.

Minho kisses his head. Jisung snuggles into his neck. Minho feels his tears. "B-Baby... I don't want to be a bad person."

"You're not," Minho murmurs. He fights a yawn. He has to look into what Jisung told him last night.

"B-But I made such a mess today..." Jisung says.

"No, baby. I know you're just tired."

Jisung gasps. "But you didn't even call me baby..."

Minho pulls back. Forces his eyes open. "But I just did..."

Jisung's crying again. "Yeah, just right now... but not all day. And... you didn't... even k-kiss me... I mean, you did... but just once..."

Minho holds his face. Kisses his lips fully. His own need to sleep is strong. How has Jisung lasted this long? Minho can't even do a day.