twelve

It takes some planning. Minho has gotten used to working late at night and staying up for Jisung. But now... he decides to change things.

Now, he has got his work done earlier so that he can meet up with friends... hope to get lucky and find someone... then come back for Jisung before he changes to a human.

It's difficult. He gets bored several times. He bids his friends good night. Hurries home past midnight. He doesn't like the thought of Jisung being alone. He keeps thinking, oh no, poor mannequin. 

Jisung could be wondering where he is.

He won't have Minho to eat food with, and get love.

It hurts Minho a bit. That Jisung could feel sad. By himself.

The fourth time though... Minho finds a cute guy checking him out at the bar. He's leaning. Sipping his drink. He winks at Minho.

They haven't done more than make out against his car. Then Minho wonders... if Jisung will check the fridge. If he'll see that slice of cake he saved for him. If he'll love it.

Oh. Minho will miss the look of delight on his face...

He quickly finds excuses to leave, and the guy looks more than pissed at him. Minho doesn't care. He rushes back home.

- - -

- - - - - -

He arrives back home, panting.

"Jisung?" He calls and walks into the living room.

The mannequin's sitting on the floor. Against the couch. There's a book in his hands. His wide surprised eyes are on Minho. They scan his appearance, then he blushes.

Minho realizes. He's showily dressed. He has ripped jeans. Tight shirt with sleeves rolled up. Half his buttons are open.

"You're back..." Jisung says. He smiles and slowly hides the book behind his back. "I was looking for you..."

"Jisung, are you reading things you shouldn't be?"

"W-What?! Of course not!"

"You are!" Minho sighs. "Jisung, did you eat the food I left?"

Jisung bites his lip. Shakes his head.

Minho groans. "Why? I told you, you should always eat first! Use your time for that before anything else!"

"I'm sorry," he mumbles. "B-But I didn't feel like it."

Minho frowns. Sits down. Touches the mannequin's face. Forehead. "You didn't feel like eating? Are you okay, Jisung?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. But your note said you'll be gone. And I felt... something bad. It made me lose appetite."

"Something bad? What do you mean?"

"Here," Jisung says. He touches his own chest. "I don't like it."

Minho feels absolutely terrible. "I'm sorry. I'm here now." He smiles at him. Stands. Holds out his hand. "Come, I got you cake. You'll love it."