eighty-nine

Hyunjin looks concerned. "Minho? Is everything okay? You haven't been replying to all the messages I sent you so I was worried."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm all good," he says. "Come in."

"Hyunjin! Hyunjin, hellooooo!"

Minho holds up his phone. Laughs.

"Hello?" Hyunjin replies. "Is that Jisung?"

Minho nods. Jisung shouts,"Yes! I'm shopping!"

Hyunjin glances at Minho. He's shocked.

"He's shopping by himself?" He whispers.

Minho grins. Nods. He's somewhat relieved. Hyunjin's reacting the same way. So he's not the only one to worry now.

Minho walks back to his drawings. Puts the phone down.

Hyunjin sits near him. Up on the couch. Keeps Kkami close.

"Sungie, did you find your candy?" Minho says.

"No..." Jisung sounds pouty.

"Do you remember where the chips were?"

"Yeah! I think I do! I'm gonna go get the chips!"

- - -

- - - - - -

With Hyunjin present... Minho works more freely.

Jisung's happy to report what he's doing. What he's buying. Hyunjin responds to him. And Minho gets to laugh quietly as he listens to them.

Jisung ends up finding all his snacks. He asks Hyunjin what Kkami wants. Then announces he's heading to checkout.

Minho gets up. Stops drawing. He wants to guide Jisung through the transaction. But Hyunjin waves him away. Continues to speak to Jisung. Explains the money to him gently.

Minho sits back down. Tries to listen. Even as he's drawing.

When he comes back to check on them... he sees Hyunjin laughing.

Kkami's glaring down at Minho's phone.

"What happened?" Minho asks.

Hyunjin shakes his head. "Nothing, he's doing great."

"Minhoo!" Jisung shouts. "I'm leaving the store! The cashier told me which money to give her! She helped me count! So I gave her money and then she gave me money too!"

"Oh, good work. Be careful walking now, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah! These are not heavy!"

Hyunjin keeps responding to Jisung's chatter. He's good natured and amused. Even as Kkami whines. Gets annoyed.

"What if Kkami doesn't like it? What if he rips it up and— Oh no! Even worse! W-What if he bites me?!"

"I wouldn't let him do that..."

"But Hyunjin, what do I do if he doesn't waaant it? Do I have to take it back to the store? Will the lady get mad if I have to bring it back?"