Chapter 207- 208

Chapter 207- Return to One's Hometown in Glory

It was said to lead the way, but of course, Qin Mian and Lei Tie could not walk in front of Emperor Xiaohui. When they entered the county, Emperor Xiaohui was in front of them, while Qin Mian and Lei Tie followed him.

The well-arranged houses, green farmland, and clear blue lake gave Emperor Xiaohui a panoramic view. He looked satisfied and nodded from time to time. In the distant farmland, the farmer, with his hoe on his shoulder, chatted with the farmer in the next plot while laughing heartily. His face was facing the sun; the satisfaction of life in his smile touched people's hearts. Under the willow trees, children of different ages played a chasing game; the clear and tender children's voices were full of joy. From time to time, the housewife, who was washing clothes on the bluestone slab by the lake, scolded them loudly. Although she was scolding them, her voice was absolutely full of love for the children.

Qin Mian and Lei Tie didn't use resplendent words to tell Emperor Xiaohui how much thought and energy they spent on rebuilding Kui County. They looked calm and indifferent, unmoved either by gain or loss.

Eunuch Li could see it clearly and could not help but feel sorry for the emperor, who was going to lose his two great officials.

Emperor Xiaohui was infected by the quiet and peaceful atmosphere in the county. He forgot the incoming resignation of Qin Mian and Lei Tie and laughed a few times from the heart.

"Good, good. Follow Zhen ahead to take a look."

Emperor Xiaohui took the lead entering the farmland and others kept up.

At this time, the weeding farmers in the farmland finally noticed a large team in the distance. They knew that only the emperor could wear bright yellow color. After being taken aback, they quickly guessed the identity of the man. They were so terrified that they turned pale and knelt on the ground in confusion.

Emperor Xiaohui stepped forward and said to the nearest old man in kind, "Old man, quickly get up."

The old man felt overwhelmingly flattered that his legs gave way; he stood upright after a good while.

Emperor Xiaohui gently called the nearby farmers to ask about their age, the harvest in the farmland, the family, and so on.

The few young men were more daring; they summoned up courage as they answered. Several old people were encouraged and joined in the conversation.

It was hard to dislike Emperor Xiaohui's closeness. For a time, one person with a heavenly identity and several people with an earthen identity had a good talk.

An eight-year-old child even ran over after picking a big red peach from a tree.

Eunuch Li's face changed slightly. He was about to step forward but was stopped by Emperor Xiaohui.

Emperor Xiaohui believed that Qin Mian and Lei Tie had managed Kui County well. He peeled the peach with a smile and bit it, "En, sweet."

That was only natural. The living standards of the people in the mountains were indeed much worse than those in the plain. Qin Mian intended to help them. When he planted these fruit trees, they had been transformed with the spiritual spring water properly. Therefore, Kui County's fruits tasted very sweet.

"Thank you very much for your hospitality, kid." Emperor Xiaohui kindly rubbed the child's head.

The child returned with a pure smile and a face of ignorant.

The father of the child was so emotionally moved that his hands trembled and he nearly fainted.

Qin Mian tried hard to suppress a smile. He was afraid that the father would not let his son wash his hair for the next ten days.