Chapter 078: The Romantic Couple's World

[1] 二人世界[èr rén shì jiè] means the world with only two people (usually refers to a romantic couple).

Qin Mian led the two puppies to walk to the gate with Lei Tie. White Spot followed them quietly, glancing at Gray Sheet and Black Vest from time to time. It did not appear to be hostile or anything.

When Uncle Fu and Aunt Fu saw them, the couple rushed to meet them. Qin Mian, with his bow set on his shoulder, was wearing a convenient white hunting suit and a pair of boots made of animal hide, looking valiant and formidable. Lei Tie also wore a hunting suit, but in black, which set off his reserved grandeur even more strongly. The elegant demeanour of the two masters made Uncle Fu and Aunt Fu unable to move their gazes for a moment but they hastily dropped their eyes when Lei Tie indifferently swept a glance over them.

"Where's Xile?" Qin Mian asked casually.

Uncle Fu said, "Little young master, he went to herd the ox after breakfast."

Qin Mian nodded, "Uncle Fu and Aunt Fu, these two dogs are Gray Sheet and Black Vest. You'll be raising them."

Aunt Fu looked at the two puppies with eyes full of affection. She took over the rope in his hand, "Yes, the little young master can rest assured."

Lei Tie said, "Guard the gate, we'll be back before dark."

Uncle Fu and Aunt Fu said together, "Yes!"

A few villagers nearby saw Qin Mian and Lei Tie come out of the farm residence and leave side-by-side with envy in their eyes. What about two men living together? Their lives were more than a hundred times more prosperous than others. Not only could they own such a large manor, but they could even employ servants. Others were envious of them.

In the farmland, the green wheat had grown to the height of a person's calf. Stubborn weeds mingled in it, arrogantly holding their heads high. The farmers bent over and pulled out the weeds with their hands. A herding boy led an ox to walk on the ridge; and a black ox lowered its head to nibble at the grass, flicking its tail from time to time in, utterly in leisure.

Qin Mian smiled at every villager he met as he drifted away with Lei Tie.

When White Spot arrived at the mountain, it behaved like a wolf running around excitedly. The soles of its feet seemed to be equipped with springs as it bounced from time to time and yet landed leisurely and soundlessly. It was proud and aloof, but also graceful. The prominent disdainful look in its grey eyes made people never mistake it for a dog.

With White Spot here, Qin Mian was not worried that he would lose his way and could not get down the mountain. He walked ahead in high spirits, searching for prey with both eyes.

Lei Tie had always kept a distance of four to five steps behind him. His indifferent eyes occasionally looked to the left and right, guarding him against potential dangers.

"White Spot, go look for prey nearby." Qin Mian said to White Spot. He learned archery with Lei Tie for a long time, but his archery skill could not be regarded as excellent. Out of ten arrows he shot on the moving target, only seven hit the target. Looking back at the time when he learned to shoot a moving target which was personally held by Lei Tie, Qin Mian felt warm in his heart. Although this man did not talk much, the man actually spoiled him to the bone.