Chapter 038: Upset

There were more than twenty people but the hall had not enough room, so four tables were set up outside. Although the autumn sun was up in the sky, it was not fierce but rather warm on the body basking under the sun.

Lei Tie greeted the guests and took them to their seats, while Qin Mian directed to serve the dishes in the kitchen. Aunt Wang effortlessly moved out one steamer basket of sweet-smelling steamed buns, which were still piping hot. Qin Mian served the dishes on the tables with Sister Zhang and saw Du Shi, Zhao Shi and Qian Shi sitting at the table very well-disposed, which drew a mocking smile on his lips.

Sister Zhang and Aunt Wang looked at each other at a loss and shook their heads. It was no wonder Lei Tie and Qin Mian had to separate from that family.

The guests had even looked at Du Shi and the two with strange eyes, but these three were completely unaware of it. Their eyes were solely on the dishes in Qin Mian's hands.

There were four dishes on each table: stewed rabbit with potato, stewed pheasant with mushroom, stir-fried crown daisy and stir-fried eggplant. Each course of dishes was served in a small basin, wrapped in a strong meat flavour which made people unable to shift their gazes.

"Everyone, please, no need to stand on ceremonies." Lei Tie stood up to say a few words before sitting back down.

Everyone smilingly said: "Won't stand on ceremonies." In their heart, they thought Lei Tie and Qin Mian were honest people. The quantity of meat in both meat dishes was ample, unlike some stingy people who when they treated the guests, the meat in the meat dishes was only a smidgen with vegetables being the majority.

Qin Mian said: "All the steamed buns are here, everyone is self-served. I won't serve one by one so that you won't feel uncomfortable."

Zhang Dashuan voiced out: "Lei Tie's wife, you can rest assured that we won't stand on ceremonies."

Du Shi took a large piece of boneless pheasant meat to put it into her bowl and then another piece of rabbit meat for fear that she would be slower than others. She swept a glance at Qin Mian and said as if it was a matter of course: "Eldest's wife, go call your father."

The guests couldn't help but fell into silence and looked at each other. On such a large construction site, who wouldn't discover Lei Daqiang was not there in the morning?

Wu Di sniggered inwardly and inquisitively looked at Qin Mian, somewhat curious to how he would reply.

Qin Mian kept his cool, "Mother, father has always been very good to me and Brother Tie, and we bear in mind. It's just that he hasn't come yet probably because he's not well and resting at home. It's very cold these days, easy to catch a cold if you're not careful. I think we shouldn't ask father to come here, so as to avoid the wind. But don't worry, I've left food for him and little sister, so take it along when you go home. I'll come to see him later with Brother Tie."

Du Shi choked up and glared at Qin Mian coldly.

Sister Zhang and Aunt Wang both carried a smile in their eyes. Qin Mian used words to stop Du Shi and they felt their irritation vented out.