Chapter 170: Settle Down

Lei Tie ordered Uncle Fu to give a reward to the messengers and asked him to send people out.

Chen Fu retreated outside the door and waited for orders.

As a modern transmigrator, Qin Mian was very interested in the "historical" commodities such as imperial edicts and imperial mandate document. Seeing that there were no outsiders in the room, he opened the imperial mandate document and found that the words "Lei-Qin Shi" and "First Rank Mandated Lady" were written in neat traditional Chinese characters along with the date of the year and a bright red seal at the very bottom.

He looked again at the Mandated Lady's clothes neatly stacked in the wooden tray. On the topmost was the crown. To be exact, it was a headband made of bluish-green jade inlaid with gold and adorned with a blue gem in the middle. Owing to the design being simple, elegant, and stylish, it wouldn't make people feel tacky. He shook open the Mandated Lady's clothes and felt relieved that Emperor Xiaohui was not bad; at least the Emperor didn't give him a woman's dress on purpose. The indigo-almost-black brocade long robe was tailored with first-grade cloud-brocade. Its wrought surface was suffused with radiance. The front chest was embroidered with an ethereal cloud pattern and flying phoenix pattern. The corners of the robe were crisscrossed with gold thread, showing a sense of solemnity and seriousness. There was also a matching wide belt.

The comparison between Qin Mian's ordinary clothes and this Mandated Lady's clothes was akin to the difference between casual wear and a Western-style suit.

Even Lei Tie couldn't help but praise, "Not bad. Wife, have a try?"

Qin Mian glanced sideways at him and directly put on the Mandated Lady's clothes. In the past, he used to dress mostly based on the principle of comfort, giving himself the perception that was more like a soft and moist jade. Now, he was more like a gem that was brilliantly dazzling, honorable, and elegant.

Lei Tie only found that there was a light in front of his eyes. His gaze burned hot. He walked two steps closer and tied the belt for Qin Mian.

When Qin Mian was encircled by Lei Tie's arms, his cheek was pressed by two warm lips and munched for a few breaths before they retreated. Qin Mian raised his eyes and his gaze intertwined with Lei Tie. For quite a long time, they didn't shift away.

Lei Tie freed Qin Mian's long hair, then pulled it up again, and bound it up with the new headband.

Qin Mian softly coughed, breaking the ambiguous atmosphere, "How do I look?"

"Very good-looking," said Lei Tie in earnest.

Qin Mian rubbed his cheek, turned his back to Lei Tie, and quickly took off the clothes. It was because he had a hunch that if he didn't take it off quickly, Lei Tie would take it off for him and take off more than that.

Lei Tie looked at Qin Mian's back regretfully and said to himself that he was not in a hurry. The fire in his body gradually cooled down.

Qin Mian returned to him and sat down, "A-Tie, let's talk about the big issue. Look at the elaborate and fine workmanship of this headband and set of clothes. It should take at least five to six days from designing until they take form. From this, we can see that this set of clothes was made in advance. But why didn't His Majesty issue the third edict when he issued the first and second edicts, instead of waiting until now? It made me feel like he made up his mind after he had seen me."

At this mention, he squinted at Lei Tie and said in a sour tone, "Why should he? It's like if I didn't pass his test there, I wasn't worthy to be with—"

Lei Tie abruptly kissed Qin Mian's lips, blocking up his last word. He sucked hard and then let go, gazing deeply into Qin Mian's eyes, "Worthy or not, I have the final say."