Chapter 153: Five People Suddenly Got a Strange Illnes

After hearing that, Qu Zongwen cupped his hands in obeisance to Lei Xiangzhi and Huo Sirui, and teased, "Congratulations to Brother Lei and Brother Huo. Later, when you two parade in the street, take us along, hahaha!"

Both Bu Qingyun and Zhao Tianhe chimed in with a laugh.

Lei Xiangzhi shook his head as he laughed. "It's too early to say that." Then, he asked Lei-Qin Le, "Who are the other three in the top five? Is there a Gu-gongzi?"

Lei-Qin Le, Lei-Qin Zhong, and Lei-Qin Shun all laughed dryly.

Lei-Qin Zhong said, "Fifth-gongzi, to find your names faster, Lei-Qin Le was looking from the top to the bottom, while this servant I and Lei-Qin Shun were looking from the bottom to the top. We're only looking for your names, so we didn't pay attention to others."

Lei Xiangzhi didn't mind and said, "It's fine, just asking. Thanks for the trouble."

Huo Sirui looked at the door of the inn; more and more scholars came back. "We'll know by listening to other people."

When the inn manager saw that they had finished talking, he wore a smile on his face and quickly walked over to congratulate Lei Xiangzhi and the others. He was especially enthusiastic toward Lei Xiangzhi and Huo Sirui.

Qin Mian lifted his teacup as he thought, I'm afraid the odds at the corner of the stairs will change. He suddenly felt a jolt in his heart and reached for the pouch on Lei Tie's waist.

Lei Tie didn't understand. Still, he took the initiative to raise his left arm to facilitate his wife's action.

Qin Mian took out a 50-tael silver ingot from the pouch, called Lei-Qin Le over, and quietly ordered him in a few words while Yuanyuan and Manman didn't notice.

Lei-Qin Le nodded repeatedly and ran to the counter carrying the silver ingot. After thinking about it, he followed his Little Master to lay a bet of one silver tael.

They sat on the first floor for a while. The top five in the result list were as follows: Zhao Xianzhi from the Capital City, Lei Xiangzhi from Qingtian Prefecture, Zhang He from the Capital City, Gu Youran from Xishan Prefecture, and Huo Sirui from Qingtian Prefecture. These five people were the most popular candidates to compete for the Zhuangyuan, Bangyan, and Tanhua.

The Capital City was full of talented scholars, so it was not surprising that it occupied two places in the top five, but for Qingtian Prefecture to occupy two places, it exceeded all expectations. The scholars in Swan Goose Path Inn gathered around and made friends with Lei Xiangzhi and Huo Sirui. In a short time, the table was surrounded, very compactly.

The group lose no time to retreat and went to Qin Man and Lei Tie's room on the second floor.

When they had stood still, Lei Xiangzhi found that his sachet was torn off by someone at an unknown time; he palmed his forehead in silence. Huo Sirui and Qu Zongwen were all disheveled; they looked at each other and burst into laughter.

Qin Mian amusedly looked at them. "I haven't officially congratulated you. At noon, A-Tie and I invite you to Yingbin Building to have a meal..."

Before he finished speaking, the door was knocked. Outside, stood the manservant who had brought them to the inn.

"This servant I pay respects to the gongzis."

"Ping'an." Huo Sirui walked over and asked, "Why are you here? Did Uncle Yuan order you?"

Ping'an smilingly said, "Congratulations to the five gongzis. When our Old Master learned that the five gongzis were on the list, he felt honored and will hold a banquet in the residence to celebrate the five gongzis at the end of the rooster hour this evening. Do the five gongzis have free time?"